Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 05:53 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles County health officials Saturday (11/7) announced more than 2,400 new COVID-19 cases, marking the third consecutive day with more than 2,000 confirmed infections and signaling that the disease is “widespread and increasing in L.A. County.”

County health officials cautioned residents to avoid crowds and the kind of street celebrations happening across the country in the wake of the presidential election, warning that such events “are places where it is very easy and very likely for COVID-19 to spread.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...o-avoid-crowds

Old 11-09-2020, 12:47 PM

234 posts, read 220,979 times
How bout this one...
Attached Thumbnails
Why so many covid 19 cases and deaths in LA County-great-reset-reduction.jpg  

Old 11-09-2020, 01:09 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,138,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Los Angeles County health officials Saturday (11/7) announced more than 2,400 new COVID-19 cases, marking the third consecutive day with more than 2,000 confirmed infections and signaling that the disease is “widespread and increasing in L.A. County.”

County health officials cautioned residents to avoid crowds and the kind of street celebrations happening across the country in the wake of the presidential election, warning that such events “are places where it is very easy and very likely for COVID-19 to spread.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...o-avoid-crowds

Clearly public decided to ignore their advice.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:53 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,783 times
I know cases have gone up, but how are the true Covid deaths and hospitalizations? If anyone remembers, at the start of all of this we shut down to "flatten the curve" so as to not overwhelm hospitals. And I say "true deaths" because I know of several people who have died due to not being able to get medical care for other things (my 70 year old uncle died of undiagnosed cancer, being one). At the start Covid was likened to an airborne Ebola but now we know most people survive and it seems like it's mutated to become less deadly. I know of one man, so immunocompromised he was given months to live years ago but was saved by some new medication, that got Covid. Turns out he only had a headache and loss of taste. So I wonder if all of this panic over "cases going up" is valid.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I say "true deaths" because I know of several people who have died due to not being able to get medical care for other things (my 70 year old uncle died of undiagnosed cancer, being one)..... I know of one man, so immunocompromised he was given months to live years ago but was saved by some new medication, that got Covid. Turns out he....
We can't really go by anecdotal evidence.

Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19):
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Old 11-13-2020, 04:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,874,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I know cases have gone up, but how are the true Covid deaths and hospitalizations? If anyone remembers, at the start of all of this we shut down to "flatten the curve" so as to not overwhelm hospitals. And I say "true deaths" because I know of several people who have died due to not being able to get medical care for other things (my 70 year old uncle died of undiagnosed cancer, being one). At the start Covid was likened to an airborne Ebola but now we know most people survive and it seems like it's mutated to become less deadly. I know of one man, so immunocompromised he was given months to live years ago but was saved by some new medication, that got Covid. Turns out he only had a headache and loss of taste. So I wonder if all of this panic over "cases going up" is valid.
"Panic" in general isn't valid. Concern is. Viral doses/load - how much people are getting in their systems - surely is lower than when few people were taking precautions - and that saves lives. "Seems" like mutated favorably, seems. Asking questions is okay. Casting doubt when ignorant of facts is unwelcome.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:12 AM

Desperately seeking to find a seemingly responsible way to hold dinner parties, some people have started to get tests for the coronavirus as a way to clear themselves to attend dinner parties without needing to wear masks or keep their distance.

That’s absolutely the wrong thing to do, according to Barbara Ferrer, Los Angeles County’s director of public health.

“That’s actually a false sense of security. It’s a false narrative,” Ferrer said.

Your test result that you got Saturday morning was from Thursday when you got tested, and it said, ‘On Thursday, you were negative,’” Ferrer said. “It says nothing about whether you’re still negative on Saturday."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...his-a-disaster

Old 11-18-2020, 10:36 AM

The mayor allows a false sense of security, by doing little to crack down on private gatherings. At this point, he's the official face of "why so many covid 19 cases" and actually, to his credit, relatively few deaths per case.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:31 AM

For the vast majority of people sick with COVID-19 in L.A. County, officials cannot determine where they contracted the virus, he said. This mirrors national data showing that fewer than half of people with the virus know where they caught it.

“Very often, these reported places they’ve been, we have no knowledge of other people there being infected. So they don’t know and we don’t know where they got the infection,” said Dr. Jeffrey Gunzenhauser, L.A. County’s chief medical officer. “We certainly wish we had a good answer.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ontact-tracing

Old 11-19-2020, 01:19 PM

Confidence hereby not inspired in me. I think that's a quiet goal of the coming curfew. To find out how much of the spread is happening late at night in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles