Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 09:42 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Chinese Communist Party....seriously?
Yes, seriously. As in, seriously, I believe that the Wuhan virus, which possesses a unique gain of function attribute that doesn't occur naturally, came from the Wuhan lab for researching the gain of function in viruses. Just as if a burst of chocolatty goodness broke out in Hershey, PA, I'd believe it had something to do with the chocolate factory that just happens to be there. But if you want to believe the words of creatures such as Fauci, who condones the cruel torture of Beagles in the name of his "science", that's your prerogative.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:41 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Some experts see less value in a new L.A. mask mandate at this stage of the pandemic:
https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...f-the-pandemic

Old 07-28-2022, 03:42 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Zero evidence presented.

I believe it's 10 days of quarantine for LAPD (state rule for some workplaces). Because any 'perk' can be abused, surely not long after that some doctor-verified continuing issues must be submitted to remain out of work. Many LAPD employees are in the 40-55 range, on top of probably not being boosted, and there are fitness requirements (PFQ) for being on the force, which adds up to some not being well enough in 10 days unsurprising. Waning immunity is the most likely reason for longer absences this year.
it is often impossible to prove someone is lying about their reasons for claiming to be ill and out of work. They get one positive Covid test, they can use every last day allotted to them to stay out. If I hated my job, I'd certainly take advantage of that.

Old 07-28-2022, 05:21 PM

Los Angeles County will hold off on reinstituting a universal indoor public mask mandate, prompted by improvements in the region’s coronavirus case and hospitalization rates.

Aside from not implementing the order, which otherwise would’ve gone into effect Friday (7/29), the recent downward trends are fueling some optimism that the months-old COVID wave fueled by hyper-infectious Omicron subvariants is finally starting to wane.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-mask-mandate

Old 07-28-2022, 06:58 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yes, seriously. As in, seriously, I believe that the Wuhan virus, which possesses a unique gain of function attribute that doesn't occur naturally, came from the Wuhan lab for researching the gain of function in viruses. Just as if a burst of chocolatty goodness broke out in Hershey, PA, I'd believe it had something to do with the chocolate factory that just happens to be there. But if you want to believe the words of creatures such as Fauci, who condones the cruel torture of Beagles in the name of his "science", that's your prerogative.
“Yes, seriously”? … you ‘seriously’ expect your *opinions* (because they certainly aren’t backed up by expertise) to be considered revelatory? You, like me and everyone else here posting anonymously on a social media platform, have no known standing to be throwing around specious scientific musings as if you know what known, credentialed scientists can’t conclude with similar aplomb and confidence.

*Beliefs* are not *knowledge*.

Old 07-28-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Do you know anyone whose company actually allows this? Not to mention, the state COVID sick leave doesn't cover employees who work for companies with fewer than 25 employees.
Allows what? An employee who straightforwardly says "I feel great, but wish to extend my vacation as long as possible." None. An employee who's tested positive for SARS-Cov-2 to claim they feel too bad to return to work? They all allow that. I know of no companies with the capability of climbing inside the mind of employees and accurately discerning whether the employee is being honest about how they feel after having submitted a positive PCR test.

Old 07-28-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Los Angeles County will hold off on reinstituting a universal indoor public mask mandate, prompted by improvements in the region’s coronavirus case and hospitalization rates.

Aside from not implementing the order, which otherwise would’ve gone into effect Friday (7/29), the recent downward trends are fueling some optimism that the months-old COVID wave fueled by hyper-infectious Omicron subvariants is finally starting to wane.

And, of course, not AT ALL related to the immense backlash- which included SEVERAL local jurisdictions announcing they wouldn't enforce a mandate- Ferrer was under.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:33 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,176,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
And, of course, not AT ALL related to the immense backlash- which included SEVERAL local jurisdictions announcing they wouldn't enforce a mandate- Ferrer was under.
Yes the back peddling was fierce. The mandate was obviously not going to work anymore. Time to go back to your cubicle Barbara and be a normal state employee with no power. Hope your watching Gavin ….

Old 07-29-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Time to go back to your cubicle Barbara and be a normal state employee with no power.
Unlikely.

Under L.A. County’s plan, if the region reached the high COVID-19 community level, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and remained there for three consecutive Thursdays, a new mask order would be issued.

A high COVID-19 community level means a county is experiencing a significant amount of community spread and has recently recorded at least 10 new weekly coronavirus-positive hospitalizations for every 100,000 residents.

L.A. County entered that category July 14 and remained there last week — positioning Thursday as the pivotal date.

But coronavirus cases started to decline last week, and new hospital admissions dropped too. L.A. County used its own data to calculate new weekly coronavirus-positive hospital admissions as 9.7 for every 100,000 residents — just under the threshold to trigger the mask mandate. The CDC calculated a rate of 10.7, but Ferrer said the federal agency’s data are older than the county’s.

....The urgent care clinic at Watts HealthCare Corp. has recently observed more sick patients with COVID-19 symptoms, as well as asymptomatic people testing positive for the virus. Dr. Oliver Brooks, the facility’s chief medical officer, said he’s surprised he hasn’t seen a higher level of sickness, such as shortness of breath, pneumonia, dehydration or fatigue.

“I think that’s another reason why we’re seeing a higher case rate — because people are also hearing, ‘Oh, even if you get COVID, you’ll be OK,’ so all of that is kind of feeding together,” Brooks said.

Brooks said the high case rates in recent weeks are likely caused by a combination of the ultra-contagious BA.5 subvariant and pandemic fatigue, with people tired of wearing masks, social distancing and handwashing.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:03 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,176,622 times
Quote:
Unlikely.

Under L.A. County’s plan, if the region reached the high COVID-19 community level, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and remained there for three consecutive Thursdays, a new mask order would be issued.

A high COVID-19 community level means a county is experiencing a significant amount of community spread and has recently recorded at least 10 new weekly coronavirus-positive hospitalizations for every 100,000 residents.

L.A. County entered that category July 14 and remained there last week — positioning Thursday as the pivotal date.

But coronavirus cases started to decline last week, and new hospital admissions dropped too. L.A. County used its own data to calculate new weekly coronavirus-positive hospital admissions as 9.7 for every 100,000 residents — just under the threshold to trigger the mask mandate. The CDC calculated a rate of 10.7, but Ferrer said the federal agency’s data are older than the county’s.

....The urgent care clinic at Watts HealthCare Corp. has recently observed more sick patients with COVID-19 symptoms, as well as asymptomatic people testing positive for the virus. Dr. Oliver Brooks, the facility’s chief medical officer, said he’s surprised he hasn’t seen a higher level of sickness, such as shortness of breath, pneumonia, dehydration or fatigue.

“I think that’s another reason why we’re seeing a higher case rate — because people are also hearing, ‘Oh, even if you get COVID, you’ll be OK,’ so all of that is kind of feeding together,” Brooks said.

Brooks said the high case rates in recent weeks are likely caused by a combination of the ultra-contagious BA.5 subvariant and pandemic fatigue, with people tired of wearing masks, social distancing and handwashing.

Yes it is unlikely she’ll be able to go back, she’ll probably retire like Fauchi

When you have a 80 year old supposed President with oil cancer get Covid and not even stop supposedly working I think Joe Q. Public will be ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles