U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 12:09 PM

9,305 posts, read 12,068,916 times

Advertisements

CANCEL and rebook for a time when LA is not smothered with smog and heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 01:14 PM

257 posts, read 72,413 times
You should create a plan for your trip.

There is really nothing to do on Hollywood Blvd for more than an hour.

The most obvious place to visit while in LA is Universal Studios. It's supposed to open in June, but will operate at 50% of its capacity.

The second obvious place is Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim. The parks are closed. During summers, they have been super packed. I can't imagine how they will operate now. 1-mile long lines to every attraction?

Big shows? Canceled until the end of the year!

Old 05-21-2020, 01:27 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,673,190 times
Cancel the trip. Visit sometime in 2021.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:51 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,164,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
No reason to cancel, the mask is not being enforce outside.

Santa Monica Daily Press columnist Jack Neworth whines about lax mask enforcement in Santa Monica. However, he claims, his police dept "sources" tell him that won't be for long: https://www.smdp.com/we-dont-need-no...n-masks/191402
on a positive note “my sources” tell me today there was a zoom meeting between the police and others. Suffice it to say, the mask-less and no social distancing picnics city-wide may be over.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:14 PM

1,701 posts, read 505,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Santa Monica Daily Press columnist Jack Neworth whines about lax mask enforcement in Santa Monica. However, he claims, his police dept "sources" tell him that won't be for long: https://www.smdp.com/we-dont-need-no...n-masks/191402
on a positive note “my sources” tell me today there was a zoom meeting between the police and others. Suffice it to say, the mask-less and no social distancing picnics city-wide may be over.
I will believe when i see it. However i have a feeling it will not be heavily enforced. NYPD tried to enforce it and soon enough public backlashed happened that they stopped enforcing it completely. I have a feeling if LAPD and other law enforcement try to do the same, there will be public backlash.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:25 PM

151 posts, read 66,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardIssue8989 View Post
We had a long planned trip to Los Angeles and Hollywood this summer, around July 4. Wondering if we should cancel due to covid or do you think things will be relatively opened by then? Do you think everyone will still be wearing masks?
Well as of right now nothing is open out here. LA is not LA with all the restaurants, bars, lounges, clubs, concerts, sports teams, museums, theaters, etc closed. You'd probably have more fun sitting in the house watching Netflix than going to a major city like NY, LA, or Chicago right now.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 AM

53 posts, read 38,489 times
What about red tide in the LA beaches up to Malibu? We have a trip planned June- early July and planned to visit the beaches a lot? Is red tide still present?

Old 05-24-2020, 09:34 AM

2,077 posts, read 4,433,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry509 View Post
What about red tide in the LA beaches up to Malibu? We have a trip planned June- early July and planned to visit the beaches a lot? Is red tide still present?
The mayor has told the red tide to go away but come back next year

Anyone else looking to come here this summer I would suggest staying in Orange county. If you're coming for theme parks forget it

Old 05-24-2020, 10:59 PM

394 posts, read 256,185 times
People in LA seem pretty downbeat

I think the lockdown is taking a toll

Maybe things revive by mid Summer to make a trip to Hollywood fun

We can keep you posted on the mood of the place if you like

Old 05-25-2020, 07:30 AM

153 posts, read 29,863 times
why in gods name would you want to see hollywood anyway? drug addicts everywhere, scumbag beggars, trash, panhandlers, whores and low life's. so you want to take the bus to go past the movie stars homes? lol -

its a hell hole - if you are going to LA there is much more pleasant places to go and see. you might want to do a bit more research before traveling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles