U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 04:11 PM

11,400 posts, read 10,934,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
That happened to a friend of mine. Two guys tried to carjack his Corvette when he and his wife left a restaurant parking lot, but the would-be driver couldn't get it out of the parking space.
What year 'Vette?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 04:22 PM

93 posts, read 17,640 times
I have a simple solution! Since you aren’t driving to work because of the pandemic, simply unhook the battery!

Old 05-24-2020, 04:29 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,224,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
What year 'Vette?
Not sure. It was years ago.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:38 PM

84,417 posts, read 77,596,360 times
If I saw a piece of paper stuck to my rear window, I'd ignore it, and continue exiting my parking space. I'd remove it when I got home. I do that with any piece of paper placed under my windshield wipers or otherwise stuck to the front windshield, too. There's nothing urgent about these things. If I've been ticketed by a parking cop or whatever, the ticket won't blow away. There's no reason to stop the car and get out, once you've got it started and have begun to leave. If for any reason, I did have to do that, I'd turn off the engine and take my keys with me, so as not to accidentally lock them in the car. I do that when I get gas, too.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:29 PM

48 posts, read 17,463 times
That's why I installed a pipe bomb under my drivers seat that I can detonate remotely.

Of course I'm just joking but it's not a half bad idea.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckwiththat View Post
That's why I installed a pipe bomb under my drivers seat that I can detonate remotely.

Of course I'm just joking but it's not a half bad idea.
I think a simple remotely operated kill switch for the ignition would be a better option. But not as much fun, of course.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:34 PM

17,804 posts, read 21,958,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
What's new is what's old.

"Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line the man comes and takes you away."

Steven Stills, 1966.
You live in Colorado Springs? Not really you concern is it?

Thanks Exitius, this isn't about being paranoid.

LA county has been releasing several hundred inmates the last few weeks. Gee I wonder if this could be related, maybe we should ask Mayor Mcheese, remember he really cares about all us of Angelinos.

Anyone who needs a good laugh go on You Tube and watch Garcetti the daily upbriefs. mute on of course, and read the comments and just don't have a drink in your mouth at the time

This is important information. We all see people in parking lots lost in their phones. Even saying good thing there we have a good economy, because they would be and easy mark. I don't know when looking both ways before you cross the street, pay attention to your surroundings became unfashionable.

I have already been getting the word thanks to this post.

Could very well help prevent something very tragic from happening.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:14 PM

17,804 posts, read 21,958,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecali View Post
I have a simple solution! Since you aren’t driving to work because of the pandemic, simply unhook the battery!
Huh? Do you read before you suggest solutions?\

This scenario happens mostly in shopping center parking lots not in someone's driveway So while your solution works for that is car theft.

That's not the issue. Car jacking is when want your car while you're getting in it or out of it. Now this new technique take it up a notch. Hoping the victim gets out of the car, engine running and here it comes, and if our bothered read the info, you clearly couldn't have.

OP mentioned the drivers almost getting mowed down in by their own cars. It's sad to even have to say this, but they're lucky that was all that happened,, people have gotten shot and killed in these scenarios. Even ones who said take the car. This isn't something to be so flippant about.

You do realize people are still are still working, people also drive to stores?

Have you seen "Idiocracy""? It's probably on Netflix.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:08 PM

Also, I do not recommend disconnecting the batteries of modern cars frequently, because that resets the ECU and the car will proceed to retune itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles