U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 07:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 10,937,422 times

Advertisements

From email:

This is the thing these days, with people out of work and needing cash (mainly for drugs!) Beware, it's headed your way. Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I got home and took it off, it was a receipt for gas. Luckily my friend had told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday: WARNING FROM POLICE: THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN. BEWARE OF A PIECE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE (A NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKING!)(NOT A JOKE!) Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating. You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into reverse. When you look into the rear view mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what, ladies ? I bet your purse is still in the car! So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised! BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later! And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains

all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want it to fall into the wrong hands.Please keep this going and tell all your family and friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 PM

38,947 posts, read 34,892,983 times
Chain paranoia. Good God.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:34 AM

257 posts, read 72,413 times
Install this device in your car.
A thief won't be able to find the Reverse and Park positions.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:34 AM

4,894 posts, read 2,428,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
From email:

This is the thing these days, with people out of work and needing cash (mainly for drugs!) Beware, it's headed your way. Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I got home and took it off, it was a receipt for gas. Luckily my friend had told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday: WARNING FROM POLICE: THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN. BEWARE OF A PIECE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE (A NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKING!)(NOT A JOKE!) Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating. You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into reverse. When you look into the rear view mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what, ladies ? I bet your purse is still in the car! So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised! BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later! And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains

all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want it to fall into the wrong hands.Please keep this going and tell all your family and friends!
Do they have cloaking technology?

Old 05-21-2020, 05:02 AM

5,575 posts, read 5,754,137 times
What's new is what's old.

"Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line the man comes and takes you away."

Steven Stills, 1966.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 PM

11,404 posts, read 10,937,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
LOL...got one of those in one of mine.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:05 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,225,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
That happened to a friend of mine. Two guys tried to carjack his Corvette when he and his wife left a restaurant parking lot, but the would-be driver couldn't get it out of the parking space.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:29 AM

18,431 posts, read 16,961,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
What's new is what's old.

"Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line the man comes and takes you away."

Steven Stills, 1966.
I didn't realize he was with Buffalo Springfield then.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:11 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,790,653 times
Didn't need an email to say you should be aware of your surroundings at all times anyway.
I will admit though, living in LA for over a decade, the vibe out here mellows people out, and many people lack awareness out here as opposed to those who grow up in the Northeast.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:13 PM

2,077 posts, read 4,433,252 times
Being from Memphis I am accustomed to this. You learn how to strategically place your mirrors not to see traffic, but to see pedestrians approaching your vehicle at stops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles