Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 08:59 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
sure lol

where's the timeline? When is the exact date we can all go back out and do like we used to and not run afoul of the law for being outside?
All states and cities have timelines for reopening. Here’s California's as an example:
https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/

Now then, you will want to next argue that these dates have been changed at times ... to which I respond: so what? Adjustments made based on changing conditions / increased information are a necessary part of resolving any crisis.

The bottom line is: no emergency restrictions anywhere in this nation have been permanently codified or proposed for permanent codification. Every executive order has stated issues, terms and timelines that clearly indicate temporary status.

Many Americans, however, have the patience (and wisdom levels) of a toddler.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:38 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How does that disprove anything in the link I provided? Wow, I must have really upset you, now you are spending Memorial Day weekend scouring Dreiband's record to find something good that he did?
Nothing will disprove anything in your mind, because it is not open. I posted from original sources (EEOC), you post from a partisan, Progressive/Democrat site.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:41 AM

545 posts, read 513,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Be specific, you made the allegation, so let's see a list of the "powers" that you allege that he has.
mandating stay at home orders indefinitely

Old 05-25-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
All states and cities have timelines for reopening. Here’s California's as an example:
https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/

Now then, you will want to next argue that these dates have been changed at times ... to which I respond: so what? Adjustments made based on changing conditions / increased information are a necessary part of resolving any crisis.

The bottom line is: no emergency restrictions anywhere in this nation have been permanently codified or proposed for permanent codification. Every executive order has stated issues, terms and timelines that clearly indicate temporary status.

Many Americans, however, have the patience (and wisdom levels) of a toddler.
There is no specific timeline in Los Angeles

which is the topic of this discussion

bringing in what other areas are doing is meaningless

Old 05-25-2020, 10:02 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
mandating stay at home orders indefinitely
See the several posts above refuting these orders are indefinite.

Also, it should be pointed out that the local stay-at-home orders have never been complete lockdowns, with essential businesses (including construction sites, grocery stores, etc.) staying open throughout. People are also not "locked" inside but able to move about the city/county, etc.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
then why was Obamarcare allowed to stand which is a federal mandate on the states?

Sorta blows your legal reasoning out the window, no?
No, not really. I said that historically the primary responsibility for dealing with pandemics has been state and local governments. I never dismissed a role of the federal government in funding or framing a national health insurance system. Medicare has stood since 1965 for example....

Old 05-25-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
See the several posts above refuting these orders are indefinite.

Also, it should be pointed out that the local stay-at-home orders have never been complete lockdowns, with essential businesses (including construction sites, grocery stores, etc.) staying open throughout. People are also not "locked" inside but able to move about the city/county, etc.
Ok, I live here. I get the texts every day

Tell me WHEN the orders are to be lifted

I want a specific date

Old 05-25-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
No, not really. I said that historically the primary responsibility for dealing with pandemics has been state and local governments. I never dismissed a role of the federal government in funding or framing a national health insurance system. Medicare has stood since 1965 for example....
Right, so although the early history may have been something with a hands-off federal approach, that is no longer the case

and the states seem willing to let the Feds usurp that role because it's undeniable that the trajectory of the country has been toward an ever increasing centralization of power into DC

I am only making an observation

Not saying I agree with where the country has been heading. Personally, I am a big states rights guy

Old 05-25-2020, 10:20 AM

d
Quote:
Ok, I live here. I get the texts every day

Tell me WHEN the orders are to be lifted

I want a specific date
I live here too (City of Los Angeles).

I'll admit the messaging on this has not been the greatest.

But you know as well as anyone that isn't the way a pandemic works.....the science/data/disease are fluid and a date for reopening will have to be flexible.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Right, so although the early history may have been something with a hands-off federal approach, that is no longer the case

and the states seem willing to let the Feds usurp that role because it's undeniable that the trajectory of the country has been toward an ever increasing centralization of power into DC

I am only making an observation

Not saying I agree with where the country has been heading. Personally, I am a big states rights guy
Fair enough. There has always been that tension...been there since the founding. Jefferson vs. Hamilton, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles