Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 02:34 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,053,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
The last thing I’m talking about is curfews. And who survived looters better Phoenix or LA?

Ca is now billions in debt and Trump isn’t inclined to bail the states out so taxes are coming. Newsom wants to do away with prop 13 for commercial buildings. There’s still a lot of businesses that can’t reopen like gyms and theaters, looters cleaned out and burned small businesses and he said nothing against them, Does anyone really think unions and powerful people are going to let him continue to run Ca into the ground? He’s only a year in for Gods sake

Another person who is still coming back and commenting on California issues. Don't you have a big state there in the middle of the desert to post about and worry about?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 02:41 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Another person who is still coming back and commenting on California issues. Don't you have a big state there in the middle of the desert to post about and worry about?

Thanks for your concern. I do post in the Arizona forum but so far Az doesn’t **** me off like Ca does. I also post in the elections forum. Call me a multiposter......

Old 06-05-2020, 02:50 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,053,144 times
Quote:
Thanks for your concern. I do post in the Arizona forum but so far Az doesn’t **** me off like Ca does. I also post in the elections forum. Call me a multiposter......

You don't live here, so why post? You sound like a scorned ex-lover.

Guess what? AZ pis**s me off too. I don't like that they voted for Trump, that they're jerks to immigrants (SB1070) or disrespectful to LGBT people (SB1062) or that Arpaio was popular in Phoenix. I don't like the materialism and far-right politics of Scottsdale and the way the Navajo, Hopi and Apache peoples have been treated by the state of Arizona and its Mormon population in the past.

But you don't see me on the AZ forums saying as much.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:28 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
An all to familiar pattern: a disgruntled ex-resident who couldn't cut it in CA anymore, refuses to take personal responsibility for their own failings and directs their internal rage against a liberal California boogeyman.

And I thought conservatives were for taking personal responsibility...

Yet, it was California generated home equity that facilitated your move and you STILL have to come back and complain!

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 06-05-2020 at 03:48 PM..

Old 06-05-2020, 03:30 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Simple remedy to restore L.A.
END ALL TAXES ON LABOR AND INDUSTRY.

Bam... TV and Movie industry rebounds...

Expatriate industries move back...
Jobs jobs jobs (and not a Steve among them)

Old 06-05-2020, 04:42 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
I was curious where the OP got the idea that rioters hit the "affluent" suburbs? I searched for the term and found Fox News called Santa Monica a suburb. LOL. And how smart is Finper to claim California has billions in new debt? Says who? Fox News again? Smart people watch that channel apparently as it gives them good reasons to practice self deception.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I was curious where the OP got the idea that rioters hit the "affluent" suburbs? I searched for the term and found Fox News called Santa Monica a suburb. LOL. And how smart is Finper to claim California has billions in new debt? Says who? Fox News again? Smart people watch that channel apparently as it gives them good reasons to practice self deception.
Pretty sure it was Newsom that said that Ca is NOW over 50 billion in the red when he was begging for money from Trump. The only time Newsoms on Fox is when they make fun of him

Old 06-05-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
You don't live here, so why post? You sound like a scorned ex-lover.

Guess what? AZ pis**s me off too. I don't like that they voted for Trump, that they're jerks to immigrants (SB1070) or disrespectful to LGBT people (SB1062) or that Arpaio was popular in Phoenix. I don't like the materialism and far-right politics of Scottsdale and the way the Navajo, Hopi and Apache peoples have been treated by the state of Arizona and its Mormon population in the past.

But you don't see me on the AZ forums saying as much.
Sounds like kttam is back. I Have 2 acres of land in Palmdale near the poppy fields so I am still a little part of Ca. The Az forum is open as is every forum so vent away.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
An all to familiar pattern: a disgruntled ex-resident who couldn't cut it in CA anymore, refuses to take personal responsibility for their own failings and directs their internal rage against a liberal California boogeyman.

And I thought conservatives were for taking personal responsibility...

Yet, it was California generated home equity that facilitated your move and you STILL have to come back and complain!
In one sentence you say I failed and couldn’t cut it in Ca and in another you say I got a lot of home equity. Hmmmm which is it?? I’ll give you a hint. I never complain about Ca real estate and still have some

Old 06-05-2020, 11:29 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
In one sentence you say I failed and couldn’t cut it in Ca and in another you say I got a lot of home equity. Hmmmm which is it?? I’ll give you a hint. I never complain about Ca real estate and still have some
Anyone that bought in California x number of years ago has equity. Cashing out to leave for cheaper pastures is often a sign someone just threw in the towel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles