Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 06:06 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Looks like i will be having another party this weekend with 13 guest. I am pretty sure that no one will be calling cops on us.
I hope that, when they start enforcing contract tracing with subpoenas, they are allowed to look at phone and Internet communication.

Old 07-15-2020, 06:08 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I hope that, when they start enforcing contract tracing with subpoenas, they are allowed to look at phone and Internet communication.

The only thing they will get is a motion to quash that subpoenas

Old 07-15-2020, 07:17 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
No, that's not it.

I did not create this thread for it to be hijacked by right-wingers and other extremists. Nor am I a liberal. If I were near-sure a group of illegal aliens were living in a nearby residence, I'd look for an ICE hotline. There is too much of a code of silence toward bad behaviors in the city, from ethnic enclaves to Hollywood.
And who better to define “bad behavior” than an anonymous, self-appointed internet forum czar ...

Old 07-15-2020, 07:29 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And who better to define “bad behavior” than an anonymous, self-appointed internet forum czar ...
While standing in line, fidgeting, waiting for one's turn to buy beets. Fresh shipment, you know...

Old 07-15-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
The only thing they will get is a motion to quash that subpoenas
If I hear of a legal battle about that in the Ventura-meets-LA area, I'm contacting the authorities to tip them off about an account here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You'll go far attacking people on your side. Maybe place your personal frustrations on whatever the source is?

As far as bad behavior goes, I don't determine who is punished. That's the government. If the behavior isn't bad enough by its standards, all clear, and I prefer it spelled out for the public first.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
... You'll go far attacking people on your side. Maybe place your personal frustrations on whatever the source is?

As far as bad behavior goes, I don't determine who is punished. That's the government. If the behavior isn't bad enough by its standards, all clear, and I prefer it spelled out for the public first.
Listen bub. You’re off the rails on this Covid issue.

Just as you defiantly declared your right to your opinions in a previous response to me - I have my right to opinion as well.

And my opinion is: you have been completely polluting thread after thread for months with your opinions of how America should see your brilliance in resolving the crisis ... never apparently considering that there’s nothing about anonymous you that qualifies as worthy of being taken seriously over thousands of actual medical and epidemiological and legal and policy-making experts across the nation and around the world who haven’t been able to deliver a solution in spite of their individual, known credentials and experiences.

You think it’s so simple. And everyone and anyone who doesn’t agree with you must be brain-dead. There’s a name for that condition.

If the answers you think are so simple were in fact so simple - they’d have been enacted some time ago.

Consider: you have received nothing but opposition to your “suggestions” from dozens of responders, not just me. If your proposals are so great: why are you alone in this? Why don’t other people realize how ‘special’ goodheathen is?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:07 PM

It has not been months, though I did establish my credibility more than a month ago, when I said Garcetti was doing poorly and not slowing spread of the virus by a real, necessary amount and was more pessimistic than maybe anyone else here.

The name for the condition is that I in fact do know better, justifiable arrogance.

Other countries have done the gist of it and mostly gotten rid of the virus, but they've been too undemocratic for that to happen here and therefore all I've done is create a set of measures designed to isolate people without directly locking them in. It hasn't been implemented here because most experts are arrogant whether right or not, prone to wishful thinking, and not creative (the last two being very normal human flaws). The standard approach in the USA has only worked in a few places, done slower and probably stricter than where it has failed, and I don't think LA has time left to use that slow approach and public confidence in temporary closures is vanishing.

Do you want me to be right and my ideas mostly unused and all of us locals still in a significantly closed-down society in mid-winter?

Last edited by goodheathen; 07-15-2020 at 09:38 PM..

Old 07-15-2020, 10:08 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Looks like i will be having another party this weekend with 13 guest. I am pretty sure that no one will be calling cops on us.
I called you out for this ridiculous claim that you were having a party of 40 people in four rooms of a 3K sqr ft. house. So now it's 13 people in the latest version of your story. If you say so...

Old 07-15-2020, 10:22 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I called you out for this ridiculous claim that you were having a party of 40 people in four rooms of a 3K sqr ft. house. So now it's 13 people in the latest version of your story. If you say so...
I had 38 people, that is not a lot of people actually. I am sorry you do not understand but not all of them were adults, some of them were kids.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
It has not been months, though I did establish my credibility more than a month ago, when I said Garcetti was doing poorly and not slowing spread of the virus by a real, necessary amount and was more pessimistic than maybe anyone else here.

The name for the condition is that I in fact do know better, justifiable arrogance.

Other countries have done the gist of it and mostly gotten rid of the virus, but they've been too undemocratic for that to happen here and therefore all I've done is create a set of measures designed to isolate people without directly locking them in. It hasn't been implemented here because most experts are arrogant whether right or not, prone to wishful thinking, and not creative (the last two being very normal human flaws). The standard approach in the USA has only worked in a few places, done slower and probably stricter than where it has failed, and I don't think LA has time left to use that slow approach and public confidence in temporary closures is vanishing.

Do you want me to be right and my ideas mostly unused and all of us locals still in a significantly closed-down society in mid-winter?
Excuse me? The bolded above is what you call “establishing credibility?” ... posting your opinion of Garcetti makes you some kind of oracle expert? Wtf?

“Justifiable arrogance” ... “I in fact do know better” ...

Bub, you are reminding me of a narcissist living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, D.C. ... who said “Only I can fix this!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles