Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:14 PM

157 posts, read 504,915 times

Advertisements

I saw severals photos of a person who was shot in the head in Compton. It struck me that he was wearing solid red except for his pants. His companions were wearing red also. It did not surprise me that someone just up and shot him.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,563 times
Come on people, those of you who reside in Compton or the surrounding vicinities know that a lot of these claims are extremely exaggerated. It all boils down to COMMON SENSE. Most cities have their share of bad areas, some more than others. However, if you are a smart and aware person you'll be able to detect which areas have a higher crime frequency than others and avoid them. Just avoid problematic, gang related associations, again COMMON SENSE. If you know a certain neighborhood has a rep for gang violence and crime, just avoid it. Again, COMMON SENSE people. You're not gonna see people droppin left and right or get banged on at every corner. There are many good areas in Compton where any person can make a good living. As some posters previously stated, it's gonna take a while for the city of Compton to lose that stereotypical imaged it garnered during the 80's and 90's.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glueyellow View Post
It all boils down to COMMON SENSE.
And not taking bad bets.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
I would take the bet if I thought the person was actually gonna pay me, but when they see how easy it is to walk a block (1 block!) without getting shot, stabbed, mugged, whatever, they won't want to pay you. Seriously dude. 1 block. It's not like it's the surface of the moon and there's no oxygen. it's a poor neighborhood.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
If I were him I would take the bet - assuming that his friend really means for him to walk anywhere in LA and not some specific location. If that is so while you are touring Hollywood - walk between Highland and Orange on Hollywood Blvd - you'll be safe in all the crowds full of Iowans with farmers tan's snapping pictures. And you will have $200 in your pocket. Easy money! Now, If he really wants you to go to Compton - thats another story!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,262,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If I were him I would take the bet - assuming that his friend really means for him to walk anywhere in LA and not some specific location. If that is so while you are touring Hollywood - walk between Highland and Orange on Hollywood Blvd - you'll be safe in all the crowds full of Iowans with farmers tan's snapping pictures. And you will have $200 in your pocket. Easy money! Now, If he really wants you to go to Compton - thats another story!
Compton has farmers as well. Most of them live in the Richland Farms neighborhood and it's relatively safe.
Richland Farms in Compton: Close-knit families farm in Compton's core - latimes.com

Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Now I know what to tell the Iowa farmers who want to retire here if they ask where to live!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM

9 posts, read 42,249 times
Boy are some of you that stupid or nieva about about Compton, I grew up in Compton almost close to Inglewood. If you think that getting jacked and shot mainly happens at night only then you all must be smoking cause it can happen during the day aswell. Driving a nice car, wearing nice clothes are what usually makes you a target just aswell as wearing gang colors. That is not all what you have to worry about though the LAPD is and has been notorious for beating up on minority groups for no reason at all. All what I am saying is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles