Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 20,308 times

Advertisements

Lived in Compton for 7 years. No Problem. My neighbors practiced neighborhood watch vigilantly and exerted our rights as homeowners. The gang members kept their distance and we did not have any problems.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 AM

3 posts, read 16,558 times
Default Is Compton Bad?

One word answer - "NO". I lived in LA for about 6 mos and visited all over. I found Compton to be in line with every other American city.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 38,299 times
yea compton aint as bad as what the ****in media makes it but if u wanna go there on the e/s kelley park is the hardest and the w/s is nutty blocc and some piru hoods cv tee flats cv 70s on th e/s its mostly mexican like 60% not evry hood is as bad some like kelley park or holly hood is really hard and no its no just bloods beef with crip crip beef with crip too tree top piru beef with 151 piru kelley park beef with atlantic drive crip and southside compton crip luerdars park beef with holly hood cv tee flats beef with tree top fruit town and cv 70s pretty much watch out for em

Old 12-15-2007, 11:05 PM

119 posts, read 716,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside951 View Post
yea compton aint as bad as what the ****in media makes it but if u wanna go there on the e/s kelley park is the hardest and the w/s is nutty blocc and some piru hoods cv tee flats cv 70s on th e/s its mostly mexican like 60% not evry hood is as bad some like kelley park or holly hood is really hard and no its no just bloods beef with crip crip beef with crip too tree top piru beef with 151 piru kelley park beef with atlantic drive crip and southside compton crip luerdars park beef with holly hood cv tee flats beef with tree top fruit town and cv 70s pretty much watch out for em
say what??????????

Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM

636 posts, read 2,644,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs333 View Post
say what??????????
My reaction exactly! Was that a new language.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:32 PM

636 posts, read 2,644,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs333 View Post
say what??????????
My reaction exactly! Was that a new language. I think he/she was trying to say that you won't have a problem if you aren't a Crip or a Blood.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM

4 posts, read 24,226 times
i live in compton and i have been living here my whole life...and honestly i dont think its all that bad....ppl exagerate when they talking about compton....you can wear any color u feel like wearing.... you can be out in the street at any time with any color....ofcourse things have happened here that are kinda scary......but it all depends on u....if you wanna "fit in" and act stupid...and get into gangs u are in danger of getting shot....and even if u aint in gangs and u hang out with ppl who are or wanna be's theres a chance youll get shot too....but u have to know who to hang out with....i think compton is a normal city....but thats just me....cus i live here....i mean i understand y ppl get scared of coming here but come on ppl u exagerate....crimes can happen any where at any time...not only here in compton....oh and just to let you know i have never seen any body get killed or heard gun shots....and i live here....i mean i do hear about ppl from school getting killed but most of the time its there fualt for being into gangs. and thats all i gotta say so if you never been here..dont go around saying things u dont know about compton

Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM

4 posts, read 24,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
I'm not seriously considering going near there, but I was given the following advice - don't wear gang colours, don't look lost, don't look any better off than lower-middle class. Some people say they've driven through there unwittingly and not even noticed it from any other bad part of town, many others warn about the dangers. I started a thread on a travel forum about this, and it generated a heated debate about asking if I just wanted to seem "cool" by going there. I just want to see between the lines and ask people with 1st or 2nd hand experience or stories of the area.
ok first of all if u never been here in compton y u giving advice to ppl....2nd compton aint even that bad u can wear w/e u feel like wearing at any time and any where u wanna wear it

Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 PM

8 posts, read 15,060 times
well i remember 3 years ago when i was 10 some teens jumped me because i told them i was moving to texas because my mom aint want me and my brother growin up in los angeles anymore. So i went to go say good bye to my relatives in Compton, then just got the ***** beat out of me in front of there house.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside951 View Post
Ha! This is the funniest post I've read so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles