Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 04:35 AM

4 posts, read 38,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
Ha! This is the funniest post I've read so far.
hows that funny dumb ****??lmao

Old 01-03-2008, 12:16 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,545 times
Hi riverside. The way you wrote up the message describing the gang on gang stuff was funny. Each gang has gang signs, but what good are they? Does one gang flash other gang hand signs, or do they flash members within the same gang hand signs?

What's it all mean? Are you in a gang? If so, what gang?

Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 38,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
Hi riverside. The way you wrote up the message describing the gang on gang stuff was funny. Each gang has gang signs, but what good are they? Does one gang flash other gang hand signs, or do they flash members within the same gang hand signs?

What's it all mean? Are you in a gang? If so, what gang?
yo dont werry whut gang im in snitch azz fool i dont live in la i was born in compton but moved wen i was one so dont worry about me and ok take this the funny way but when u on the st and talk all that bs it aint funny gangs dont use hand signs they dress to their hood kolors no white ppl not blug or red rags this not no video game aight if u white stay outta compton or my hood dont worry where im frum

Old 01-10-2008, 06:25 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside951 View Post
yo dont werry whut gang im in snitch azz fool i dont live in la i was born in compton but moved wen i was one so dont worry about me and ok take this the funny way but when u on the st and talk all that bs it aint funny gangs dont use hand signs they dress to their hood kolors no white ppl not blug or red rags this not no video game aight if u white stay outta compton or my hood dont worry where im frum
This is one of the reasons why I don't want ot move anywhere near Compton, and I'm black.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:48 PM

26 posts, read 144,872 times
People get shot in Compton all the time. It is a gang neighborhood and if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will get in trouble. I don’t understand people who post stupid questions like is "is Compton bad?" Its like saying it Iraq bad? Just look at the crime statistics and you will see that is bad. Although the crime rate in Compton and other bad areas is getting better it’s still not good. If LA was smart they would bulldoze the whole area. Luckily with all the gentrification in LA many bad areas are being fixed up.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn1221 View Post
People get shot in Compton all the time. It is a gang neighborhood and if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will get in trouble. I don’t understand people who post stupid questions like is "is Compton bad?" Its like saying it Iraq bad? Just look at the crime statistics and you will see that is bad. Although the crime rate in Compton and other bad areas is getting better it’s still not good. If LA was smart they would bulldoze the whole area. Luckily with all the gentrification in LA many bad areas are being fixed up.
It's obvious you're not from Los Angeles, yet seem to think you're some kind of authority on the crime in Compton.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 PM

26 posts, read 144,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's obvious you're not from Los Angeles, yet seem to think you're some kind of authority on the crime in Compton.
Go to LA crime blog at the Los Angeles times:

Los Angeles Times: The Homicide Blog

You will see many reports of people being shot in Compton.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:09 PM

13 posts, read 111,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
Their is still alot of Crime in South L.A,but I think the Thugs are moving to the Inland Empire.

Compton has alot of potential to become a Great Place to Live and Work,but it's going to take the efforts of it's citizens and of the city government to make that transformation.
I agree the gangs are deffinantly moving east to the Inland Empire, cities such as Pomona, Ontario, even Claremont(Forbes 10th nicest places to live in the US) theyve been welcomed by a series of Blood Crip shootings lately but more Mexican 12th street. My grandmas entire family moved from Witchita Kansas to Compton yearsssss back and there 100% white German. Not to state anything racist but the city truly fell apart as time went on and the city became more racially diverse, mostly black. I had an aunt that lived in Compton as a single white woman back in 1999, a man broke into her house one night and raped her as a result she is now mentally retarted. You can burn that city down! On the other hand my step mom lived in Downey here whole life the city right next door, and its a great place!!!!

In my opinion Comptons very bad but parts of Pasadena, Long Beach, Pomona, The Valley(Van Nuys) are worse

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jDiem View Post
I agree the gangs are deffinantly moving east to the Inland Empire, cities such as Pomona, Ontario, even Claremont(Forbes 10th nicest places to live in the US) theyve been welcomed by a series of Blood Crip shootings lately but more Mexican 12th street. My grandmas entire family moved from Witchita Kansas to Compton yearsssss back and there 100% white German. Not to state anything racist but the city truly fell apart as time went on and the city became more racially diverse, mostly black. I had an aunt that lived in Compton as a single white woman back in 1999, a man broke into her house one night and raped her as a result she is now mentally retarted. You can burn that city down! On the other hand my step mom lived in Downey here whole life the city right next door, and its a great place!!!!

In my opinion Comptons very bad but parts of Pasadena, Long Beach, Pomona, The Valley(Van Nuys) are worse
Yes, I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Long Beach, which is occupied with "TRASH". I hate North Long Beach.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 AM

13 posts, read 111,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Yes, I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Long Beach, which is occupied with "TRASH". I hate North Long Beach.
I use to live in Inglewood so I know what you mean, know i happily reside in Queens NY a much better placeee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles