Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 12:46 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,282,719 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why people always talk about Paris as if it were some end all be all. I remember when West Hollywood, as they were tearing out the center median in Santa Monica Blvd, was promising that the reimagined strip was going to be, "just like Paris" with sidewalk cafes. It somehow didn't turn out that way. Santa Monica Blvd just doesn't remind me of Paris, not even Perris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 10:26 PM

306 posts, read 239,840 times
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...adena-torrance

Old 08-02-2020, 10:29 PM

5,861 posts, read 15,208,636 times
Sitting at an outdoor cafe or restaurant is great imo. Los Angeles has been an outdoor eating city as far as I can remember. It's nothing new. Its always been here. It's becoming the talk these days because during the pandemic, no indoor seating is allowed so restaurants which had no outdoor or limited outdoor seating are getting creative with the outdoor eating thing. I think its great. I took this pic at Sunset Plaza on the Strip.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:32 PM

405 posts, read 194,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Nothing like the romance of eating in a parking lot, makes ya think of Paris. To be honest, sidewalk eating isn't all that great either if it's literally just some tables and seating placed out onto the sidewalk and thus reducing the actual walking space to a minimum. If you're in an area with high foot traffic (which usually is the case in that scenario) you're getting to eat your pasta or whatever while some smelly a-hole is squeezing past your table. Not pleasant. Ideally the outdoor seating is located on a patio or in a front yard that's separated from the street some way.
What? Do you not notice the gazillion restaurants that face the street in the city? Parking is usually in the rear. This isn't Dallas or Atlanta.
As far as the smelly aholes, I mean, NYC and other cities get the same stuff. Let's not kid ourselves.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:33 PM

405 posts, read 194,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Sitting at an outdoor cafe or restaurant is great imo. Los Angeles has been an outdoor eating city as far as I can remember. It's nothing new. Its always been here. It's becoming the talk these days because during the pandemic, no indoor seating is allowed so restaurants which had no outdoor or limited outdoor seating are getting creative with the outdoor eating thing. I think its great. I took this pic at Sunset Plaza on the Strip.
Agreed. I'm not sure what they're talking about. There's been patio seating, everywhere.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:33 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
You guys have those burger/greasy spoon stands like Dino's that have outdoor seating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ7fAXdO2o&t=347s

Old 08-04-2020, 06:12 PM

366 posts, read 363,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's absolutely unacceptable. Sidewalk is for walking.
Tell that to the homeless I step over every morning.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:27 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,126,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6035 View Post
Tell that to the homeless I step over every morning.
Blame that on the city for not having enough shelter spaces.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:14 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Some places have always had outdoor dining. If the buildings are set back enough it's easy to do, but most aren't.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:45 AM

295 posts, read 142,635 times
what a cluster this is going to be- already you cant find a place to park with all the residential parking permits right next to main dinning areas and the west side? wow the meter maids will be out in force and what about street cleaning days?

how about those small hole in the wall places on wilshire that take maybe two spaces - then moves tables outside?

where are the dogs going to do their business? lol wont work -will never work just another leftist idea not well thought out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles