Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,590,439 times

Advertisements

Sad to witness all of these posters making light of the fact that a 4-month-old baby was shot to death by gang members in the San Fernando Valley two weeks ago. They think the violence doesn't affect anyone outside the gangs, just like on the silver screen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,466 times
Armenian POwer 13- = SURENIO TILL WE DIE
- WE RUN THIS..
Armenian MAfia

Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 AM

10,009 posts, read 9,432,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbangklick123 View Post
Armenian POwer 13- = SURENIO TILL WE DIE
- WE RUN THIS..
Armenian MAfia
You should ask your mommy before going on the computer little girl.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:57 PM

24 posts, read 27,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Nortenos aren't from Los Angeles. They're from Northern California.
They could NEVER hang out in Los Angeles.

Latin Kings and Black P. Stones aren't from L.A., either. They're from Chicago.

Black Stone Jungles are simply Bloods.

WHY do you want to move to South-Central? Because it looks 'cool' in some movie you saw (Boyz in the Hood, Colors, Menace II Society) on tv?

To each his own. But I hope you aren't moving to South L.A. for the novelty of living around street gangs and poverty...

"Yeah, man, it was AWESOME! I saw a guy get stabbed to death the other day!"

...then, when it gets old, you can pack up and go back to Austria.

The good people who have to live around that crap don't have the luxury of packing up and moving to Vienna.
The gang thing that they have to grudgingly deal with isn't cool or trendy to them.

It kinda reminds me of when some of these rich kids (usually Punk rockers) would pretend to be homeless, asking for spare change,
but when it got old, they'd hop in their car and go back to the Valley or Orange County...
you got my feelings exactly, I see how some people glamorize it and then sound delusional in a rap. Every thing you worked for, every thing you ever dreamed, every philosophical vision for whatever you had. Whatever obstacle or challenge you accomplished. Gets taken in an instant by someone whos not going to look at your world view, see what your trying to do in life. Hear what you stand for. Some white kid that goes and wears the wrong colors. You make me laugh. What I'm thinking is if your off on some adventure down an area there you could get shot just for being white. What keeps me up at night is people don't even think twice. blink an eye.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:23 PM

when i was younger I walked into a brown/blood area wearing clothes I thought were cool, but I didn't know. couldn't get why homies started showin up, yelling out of car windows. This clothing style I picked up from someone I met from some city somewhere next thing I know I'm riding with one deeper in. Couldn't figure out why they wasn't cool right. **** I was dumb but they let me live. tried to blind out one of my eyes. It was only years later that I knew what had happened there. Ever since that though I learned to wear neutral clothes or stuff I know more about. Like now I wear Nike sandals. Not G'd up, but plain old clothes. Sometimes a white button shirt. As I figured out more and more about what was going on in the city, I started to hallucinate. See the world get darker. I got so fed up I left the city and can never go back where I was raised. Always thinking what if you end up on the street? What then is it some game, some quest to figure **** out. All I'm saying is I hope to put it out about people wearing clothes that want to look cool, I know I was one. Fortunately they saw I wasn't real or at least worth walking away, even though sometimes I wonder. I think back now knowing why everyone was standing around trying to figure **** out. At least I'm not dead. But how did I get caught into some kind of rivalry. Because I didn't have time to research ****. Been in and through gang **** never knowing what is going on. I've heard they hang out at railyards. Well I've slept near tracks before. does that mean I bang because I don't know what is really going on. Now I'm schizo.

Last edited by paranoid; 02-18-2012 at 05:49 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Is this snitching because I don't really care. But i can't sleep at night. Until my fingers cramp up. My feet get these cramps. I don't eat. I smoke cigarettes constantly and I'm always outside checking cars as they drive down the road. I live anonymous now in some city you can't find me if you tried. Being friendly and respectful to people, don't even drink. But always alert. So no its not something you go out looking for. I'm real though im not some tatted up white gangster. I don't see myself in prison either, trust me thats why I don't mess around. sometimes I see gangsters but they won't notice me. I can usually tell what someone is thinking by how they move. I never call gangsters wannabies.

Last edited by paranoid; 02-18-2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,023,090 times
Haven't heard much about gangs in the news lately. Maybe the original, hardcore gangsters moved out of Los Angeles.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,928,547 times
Hahahah I love the names! Armenian Power! Breed Street! Now Breed Street could be a metal band.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,464,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Hahahah I love the names! Armenian Power! Breed Street! Now Breed Street could be a metal band.
Canoga Park Alabama's the funniest gang name.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 AM

2,441 posts, read 3,415,173 times
Well, if the amount of gangs in Los Angeles is all you can appreciate about such a vast city, then you probably shouldn't visit, or it's time to move on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles