Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 PM

60 posts, read 115,834 times

Advertisements

Greetings from Northern Virginia, bedroom community of DC.

If home is in Thousand Oaks/ Westlake Village, and work is in Glendora.....MapQuest is showing me 1 hour, 20 minutes. Is that accurate? Or is there some rush hour consideration that will alter this? (101-south, and 210 east seem to be the freeways I'd take)

Also......can you suggest some suburbs for the following:

*40 minute drive TO Glendora

*Upscale.

Not Celebrity-ultra-wealthy, but upscale. Top rated schools, safe, etc. A suburb where everything is somewhat close to home, and NOT requiring any freeway driving. (Stuff like pre-school, mall, grocery, typical suburbia stuff)

Any suggestions appreciated....thanks in advance.

WK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
That's quite a drive--one end of the SFV to the other end of the SGV.

If you want to relocate to somewhere else safe with good schools, close to Glendora, and not ghetto, I would suggest:

Glendora (north side as north as you can afford to go)
Claremont (north side away from Pomona)
Arcadia (north side close to 210)
La Canada Flintridge
San Marino
South Pasadena (not Pasadena)
Temple City
Diamond Bar
Walnut

Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
TO to Glendora would not be a good idea even if you have commuted at 2am, it's just too far. i'm curious what made you even consider this idea. TO is nice and upscale, but it's one of many similar neighborhoods throughout socal.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM

60 posts, read 115,834 times
Thanks for replies so far, keep them coming please!

Why did I even ask about TO?

Well, I know zilch about the L.A area. A great friend of mine from 7th grade and I are are back in touch after a 25 year hiatus....she moved to TO when she was a kid. Anyway, she was telling me how she loves it, how it's got all the qualities of a "regular upscale American suburb", etc. Hence my curiosity about TO.

It's only a small chance I'll move to Calif but I'm researching anyways. The house prices in Thousand Oaks fit the bill perfectly for me and I'm hoping to find a similar suburb closer to Glendora.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
Yeah, if you are committed to working in Glendora, you need to forget living anywhere in the San Fernando Valley. The commute would not be reasonable.

There are cities in the north/northeast San Gabriel Valley, Pasadena area, and north Orange County area that might work for you.

If you want to live really close to LA, you can look into Glendale. Glendale has all the amenities you are looking for, plus it is safe and has good schools. The commute from Glendale to Glendora should be manageable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles