Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 PM

545 posts, read 513,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
A simple answer is: in the LA vicinity are: NO way. of course you may be able to find something in Inland Empire which is 50 plus miles east or go up closer to Bakersfield, not neither are anywhere remotely convenient to Los Angeles.
I forgot about Acton. It's got some nice horse properties with acreage. And about 30 minutes from LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,974,409 times
Quote:
A simple answer is: in the LA vicinity are: NO way. of course you may be able to find something in Inland Empire which is 50 plus miles east or go up closer to Bakersfield, not neither are anywhere remotely convenient to Los Angeles.
Don’t expect to hear back from the OP. They posted the same thread 6 mo ago. They got the same replies, that basically it is a “no” except for far away places in the desert, and they did not reply back. I guess they were hoping that if they asked again that they would get a different answer.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...gnificant.html

Old 09-27-2020, 12:13 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,974,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
I forgot about Acton. It's got some nice horse properties with acreage. And about 30 minutes from LA.
Maybe 30 mins from Sylmar, in the middle of the night...if there is no road work.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Maybe 30 mins from Sylmar, in the middle of the night...if there is no road work.
Don't be getting all detaily on me

Sylmar is L.A.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:38 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkim View Post
Hi there, I'm just curious. Is it possible to buy a house in the Los Angeles area that has land, doesn't have neighbors houses right up your ass, and not pay an absurd price for it? I've been doing some of my own research and it seems most of the homes that are comparable land wise to where I live (Connecticut) cost well over a million dollars. Is it possible to pay less than that, get a quality home, with a fair amount of land, with like I said above, not paying an absurd premium for it?
No. It just isn't.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:59 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I don't know how San Pedro would even enter the equation for someone looking for acreage..
There's "acreage" and then there's acreage. 1-2 months ago, I saw a 1-acre oceanfront (yes, abutting the coastline) property in San Pedro for $1.7M.

In an urban/suburban setting, we're not going to find farmland. But we can find half-acre, 1-acre or maybe even slightly larger parcels, and not necessarily for $10M. They're not going to be in Mid-Wilshire or West Hollywood, but they the can be found for example in the foothills of the San Gabriels. My nominally coworker recently sold a house in Altadena for $1.1M, on around 0.7 acres. I consider that to be "land", and not an "absurd price".

Old 09-29-2020, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
Don't be getting all detaily on me

Sylmar is L.A.
I doubt the OP was thinking 30 min from Sylmar and the same as 30 min from Los Angeles. That would be like saying 30 min from Glendora:

Old 09-29-2020, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Don’t expect to hear back from the OP. They posted the same thread 6 mo ago. They got the same replies, that basically it is a “no” except for far away places in the desert, and they did not reply back. I guess they were hoping that if they asked again that they would get a different answer.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...gnificant.html
Thanks.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:06 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
I know that Antelope valley is technically part of LA county. Where one could find parcels land for the five figures and some decent homes for less than $400,000. And there are commuter trains to downtown LA as well as carpool lanes. Though seeing how LA county is governed and how mad with power they were since this March I would avoid buying anything under its juristications at all cost. Kern county just bordering it doesn't fall for being mad with power and issued almost no citations. Kern county is just north of Lancaster which is still part of LA county and generally cheaper. Just avoid traveling down on 58 if one can avoid it as its their speed trap corridor.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I doubt the OP was thinking 30 min from Sylmar and the same as 30 min from Los Angeles. That would be like saying 30 min from Glendora:
I don't understand the lack of love for Sylmar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles