Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 01:32 AM

437 posts, read 811,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I say areas with more Americans since the asians being referred to are americanized.

If these asians truly are Americanized they should be able to live anywhere in America. So that means anywhere in California that is not overrun with immigrants that refuse to assimilate.

American is the land of immigrants ! Immigrants developed the United States , Most of the hi tech companies / start up developed because of immigrants

Read your history before you make bigotry remark ..

The OP has the right to live anywhere he wants in California , it is his freedom and lifestyle at the end of the day you are not paying his bills.

The beauty of America is different ethnic cities , culture and delicious food .

Asian American especially Chinese and Japanese has been around since before California gold rush . They are one who build California railroad and many significant infrastructure

Learn some history before you make bigotry remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 08:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryferry215 View Post
What are some safe areas for an americanized Asian to live in?
Is Gardena a good match?
How about Rosemead? Do any non-Chinese Asians live there?
Notice you have only posted once and that was 10 plus days ago. Am not sure how serious you are about the answer, but of course there are lots of great places for Asians, regardless of of whether they are non-Chinese or what. I am not quite sure what this has to do with where Asians live in So. CA. San Marino, Arcadia, all come o mind. What is safe and who one would advise has to do with income and housing allowance as well.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:21 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,328 times
Also Walnut, Diamond Bar, Rowland/Hacienda Heights, part of West Covina, all have large Asian populations and are very nice areas.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:40 AM

271 posts, read 302,336 times
I believe that the OP has not been back yet to check responses, but I'd like to throw out Torrance as well. Gardena/Torrance border each other, but I see a lot more "Americanized" Asians in Torrance, as I lived there for 6 years.

Gardena is fine too, lots of good places to eat, and a little closer to the 405/110/105, and rents could be a little lower in Gardena than most areas of Torrance. The priciest areas of Torrance are West and South Torrance.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-27-2020, 03:36 PM

42 posts, read 53,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skim82 View Post
I believe that the OP has not been back yet to check responses, but I'd like to throw out Torrance as well. Gardena/Torrance border each other, but I see a lot more "Americanized" Asians in Torrance, as I lived there for 6 years.

Gardena is fine too, lots of good places to eat, and a little closer to the 405/110/105, and rents could be a little lower in Gardena than most areas of Torrance. The priciest areas of Torrance are West and South Torrance.

Hope this helps!

There's that corner of Western and Carson with all those Japanese restaurants and stores. Online it says it's "Eastgate Plaza", but I'm sure there is a colloquial name for it, but idk? Any idea?

Old 10-31-2020, 09:01 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
American is the land of immigrants ! Immigrants developed the United States , Most of the hi tech companies / start up developed because of immigrants

Read your history before you make bigotry remark ..

The OP has the right to live anywhere he wants in California , it is his freedom and lifestyle at the end of the day you are not paying his bills.

The beauty of America is different ethnic cities , culture and delicious food .

Asian American especially Chinese and Japanese has been around since before California gold rush . They are one who build California railroad and many significant infrastructure

Learn some history before you make bigotry remarks.
What bigotry remarks? People wanting to live only certain types are bigoted. Please list these hi-tech companies.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:43 AM

271 posts, read 302,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floppo02 View Post
There's that corner of Western and Carson with all those Japanese restaurants and stores. Online it says it's "Eastgate Plaza", but I'm sure there is a colloquial name for it, but idk? Any idea?
Hmm. I'm not sure exactly the term for that area, but I just referenced the area as the "Mitsuwa" area. However, I know that Mitsuwa moved a few miles to the Carson Blvd/Hawthorne area at Del Amo Mall.

Also not a big deal but the "Eastgage Plaza" has turned more overall Asian in recent years. For example, KangHoDong BaekJeong is a Korean BBQ place, and 85 degrees I believe has roots in Taiwan. Will say though that there are great Japanese restaurants in the area, including a great spot inside of the Miyako Hotel, a great donkatsu place off Cabrillo and Carson and don't forget Carlos Jr.'s Tempura!!!

If you love Japanese food, I highly recommend Torrance. Korean and Chinese food is well represented as well though, with Dim Sum and Korean options sprinkled throughout Torrance. There is an H-Mart as well in S. Torrance off PCH and Anza.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:08 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Just about anywhere. LA or for that matter any large city in the US. When I lived in central Ohio our suburban neighborhood had Asians from all over the world. Japanese, Thais and people from the Philippines. My next door neighbor was Indian who had lived in South Africa. Another family from Holland. And all the grocery stores and restaurants catering to their food preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles