Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:27 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
A lot of people are complaining that our governor is a hypocrite. So? What does that have to do with the way we behave?
Well said.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:13 AM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
I heard on the radio that just the bar tab for the governors party at the French Laundry was $15,000.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:23 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
My wife and I do not go to any restaurant right now and even avoid drive through's that are open to sit down customers. No desire to take a chance due to either stupid uncaring people or just the potential for the virus from one person to settle on our food. Eat at home a lot which is also healthier.
We do like to mix it up (get tired of the same old food at home). We used to buy Plated at Safeway, but they stopped carrying it and we were disappointed. We don't want to subscribe to their delivery service as we're not sure we'd use it that frequently (we preferred the ala carte options).

We generally do the no touch delivery option from DoorDash (occasionally UberEats if there's a restaurant not available on DoorDash). This seems pretty safe to us and gives us that variety we're looking for.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:00 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I haven't been inside a restaurant since March and have no intention of doing so until I'm vaccinated. I've been watching the number of new cases rise across L.A. County for a week, and a few days ago I decided that it's time for me to go into isolation again. I don't think I have any underlying health issues, but I'm 57 years old. People a lot younger than me have had a tough time with this disease; I can't make the assumption that I'd somehow be okay. Magical thinking doesn't work against viruses.

I'm very angry and frustrated with the whiny anti-maskers. 25% of the country is holding the other 75% hostage and that's not okay. Why they tout "my freedom" and why wearing a face mask is evidently beyond their abilities is incomprehensible. A lot of people are complaining that our governor is a hypocrite. So? What does that have to do with the way we behave? I feel like I'm talking to children. "Well, Johnny does it, too!" My response: "I don't care what Johnny does. I care what YOU'RE doing."

We'll get through this; we just have to wait until the vaccines roll out in a few months. I'm also hopeful that another round of stimulus will be passed so that restaurants can stay in business. Besides, do people have to dine in a restaurant? Get the food to go or have it delivered. There are solutions; it's not always one way or the other.
Well stated, as always; especially the bolded part.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:59 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Blaming the "anti maskers" is amusing since I have my doubts that masks do much to stop the spread of a virus. People are mad because they wear masks while out and about doing all the social things they like to do, never admitting to themselves that if this virus is spread like every other then they are just at culpable. And now they can't do those things so the blame has to go ANYWHERE but on them. I'm personally not putting the blame on anyone, it's a virus and I'm smart enough to know how things work.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:19 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I heard on the radio that just the bar tab for the governors party at the French Laundry was $15,000.
I need to get a job on the wait staff there

Old 11-24-2020, 03:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
And if you were invited, regardless of job and let's say you didn't have to pay and were "scared," you wouldn't consider going?

In other words, please figuratively sit down. (I did not vote for him, by the way.)

Old 11-24-2020, 04:45 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
We do like to mix it up (get tired of the same old food at home). We used to buy Plated at Safeway, but they stopped carrying it and we were disappointed. We don't want to subscribe to their delivery service as we're not sure we'd use it that frequently (we preferred the ala carte options).

We generally do the no touch delivery option from DoorDash (occasionally UberEats if there's a restaurant not available on DoorDash). This seems pretty safe to us and gives us that variety we're looking for.
Have not used a delivery service yet as we go to the drive throughs we like, and also cook at home. Lots of fast food places to go to, though most meals are at home as the food we buy is better than at restaurants (With a very few exceptions).

Old 11-24-2020, 05:32 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
With coronavirus cases continuing to soar across the state, a divided Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors rejected calls Tuesday (11/24) to walk back restrictions on outdoor dining meant to slow the virus’ rapid spread.

The political friction over the decision by health officials to clamp down on restaurants and bars played out as the state once again shattered its record for new coronavirus cases and the number of Californians dying from COVID-19 continued to climb on a trajectory that is expected to continue in the coming weeks, the state’s health secretary said Tuesday.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-records-surge

Old 11-24-2020, 06:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Mask's are not intended to "stop" the spread of a virus. Masks are intended for the purpose of reducing the spread and when worn properly they do just that.

COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets. Respiratory droplets travel into the air when you cough, sneeze, talk, shout, or sing. These droplets can then land in the mouths or noses of people who are near you or they may breathe these droplets in.

Masks are a simple barrier to help prevent your respiratory droplets from reaching others. Studies show that masks reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth.
Indeed, and what's remarkable to me is that some people are still not getting this!

Sandy is right, though I'd say in L.A. it's more like 40% of the population are holding the other 60% hostage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles