Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 08:02 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
It sounds like the criminals have a good friend in Gascon.
Quote:
*Gascon’s office will immediately drop any efforts to seek the death penalty in murder cases and will disband the committee of prosecutors who decided which cases were suitable for a death sentence.
That one is a no-brainer. For all practical purposes, California does not have a death penalty. So why should they waste resources trying to get deaths sentences that will never be carried out?

Most everything on that list is just common sense. He is trying to direct his resources where they will do the most good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 10:33 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That one is a no-brainer. For all practical purposes, California does not have a death penalty. So why should they waste resources trying to get deaths sentences that will never be carried out?

Most everything on that list is just common sense. He is trying to direct his resources where they will do the most good.
You like this one???

*Prosecutors will no longer be allowed to seek sentencing enhancements, such as those for committing a crime to benefit a gang or for the use of a gun.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:12 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
You like this one???

*Prosecutors will no longer be allowed to seek sentencing enhancements, such as those for committing a crime to benefit a gang or for the use of a gun.
I don't know. I would have to hear his reasoning. But if I was to take a wild guess, I would bet that those gang enhancements are targeted at black and hispanic gang members, not white gang members.

The guy was fairly elected by the majority of voters. Respect the election results, and let him do his job. If he fails there will be another election in four years.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:25 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
4 years is a long time for criminals doing whatever they want and havoc on everyone.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:20 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
I don't know. I would have to hear his reasoning. But if I was to take a wild guess, I would bet that those gang enhancements are targeted at black and hispanic gang members, not white gang members.

The guy was fairly elected by the majority of voters. Respect the election results, and let him do his job. If he fails there will be another election in four years.
So what? The gangsters tend to be black or hispanic in this area. What is the bad part about the enhancements, regardless of race?

Old 01-12-2021, 05:48 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There are 10 million of us here in Los Angeles County. What a thing to say.
Not sure how many are eligible to vote but those eligible to vote and the 1.6 million that voted for Gascon thereby sacrificing their own personal safety are mouth breathers. Already multiple people on the various recall George Gascon sites have been admitting they didn’t pay enough attention to a very visible polarizing DA’s race. Prove me wrong.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:49 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Quote:

Hope you and your family and friends are never victim of a violent crime in LA County.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:26 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
Our DA will not allow Gascon to pursue charges as a package for lesser crimes committed in San Diego where the perp ended up later killing people in Los Angeles as part of the crime spree because she doesn’t have confidence in Gascon treating those charges as seriously as he should.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:02 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Default Gascon settles in

Any opinions so far?

If you're unhappy, were you unhappy even before he began?

He’s Remaking Criminal Justice in L.A. But How Far Is Too Far?
To keep people out of prison, George Gascón is risking everything: rising violent crime, a staff rebellion and the votes that made him district attorney.

Last December, when George Gascón took over the largest local prosecutor’s office in the country, he made a complete break from the past. His inaugural speech as district attorney of Los Angeles County at once thrilled progressive activists and alienated many of the lawyers sizing up their new boss.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/17/m...s-angeles.html

Old 11-28-2021, 07:23 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
He is the reason for all these recient smash and grab robberies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California