Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM

19 posts, read 104,370 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=4]Hello, i may be moving to Long Beach soon and I've read that the Belmont Shores/2nd Street area might be a good match for me.. and I'm wondering about the following: are there many good ethnic restaurants (I particularly like Japananese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian as well as Mexican)? any good movie theatres for offbeat independent films nearby? Any all night diners or deli's? Any good live music venues for hard rock, punk or alternative, indie, pop, folk, blues nearby? I've heard the beach near Belmont Shores is better for sailing than for swimming or surfing -is this true and if so, why? any good parks nearby? - if so, which ones and where are they? or any public tennis courts nearby? what would you say are the best weekend daytrip getaways from LBC? Is the long beach Belmont area/s dog friendly? (I don't have one right now but wouldnt mind one in the future) Any good hole-in-the-wall pubs? Is it dangerous at night around belmont/2nd street? Cost to rent 1 or 2br? cost to buy a small house? Overall impressions of the area? Thanks a lot for any info.
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 03:23 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
everything you are looking for in belmont shore is located there already or within a 5-10 minute drive or bike ride. my wife used to live there before we were married, i'd move there in a heart beat if my job was located in long beach or somewhere else nearby. also, 1br apartments start at around $1000/month, however there are deals out there you just have to look real hard.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:37 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
pretty much everything you are looking for can be found there or nearby. the hardest would be indian food, but artesia isnt too far away and has awesome indian food.

-there is a theater they show offbeat movies in and have rocky horror on weekends on broadway or something between belmont shore and downtown. seal beach next door has the bay theater as well.
-dipiazzas is closeby for hard rock music. signal hill has a yearly bluegrass festival.
-plenty of all night eats, and nearby seal beach also has the shorehouse which is 24/7.
-there are plenty of hole in the wall pubs(and big ones), but be careful as many of them are gay bars and that could be awkward for you.
-tennis you may have to go to long beach city college for a public court.
-it is not dangerous at night in the immediate area.
-as far as the beach, the breakwater makes surfing/swimming not too fun and the marina is next to belmont shore as well. head to seal or farther south if you want to swim/surf.
-weekend daytrips vary greatly. there are city destinations like san diego, solvang, vegas, palm springs, julian, and lake arrowhead. there are camping destinations all around(point mugu, big bear, palm springs, etc). you have theme parks: six flags, universal studios, disneyland, knotts berry farm. LBC itself has the queen mary and the aquarium. the list really goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles