U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 AM

15,736 posts, read 26,313,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Appears that Bynum may be out for the season. Pending surgery?

Does it even look like they need Bynum right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 02:15 PM

198 posts, read 279,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Does it even look like they need Bynum right now?
I don't think it is a matter of need, but it would surely be nice to have a healthy Bynum ready to do some role playing. I have my doubts if he would be a help or a hindrance to some pretty good chemistry going on on that team.

Kobe was as good as I've ever seen him last night...no one could stop him one on one.

Celtics tonight....what a great finals that would be...the C's against the Lakers.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:06 PM

15,736 posts, read 26,313,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-88 View Post
I don't think it is a matter of need, but it would surely be nice to have a healthy Bynum ready to do some role playing. I have my doubts if he would be a help or a hindrance to some pretty good chemistry going on on that team.

Kobe was as good as I've ever seen him last night...no one could stop him one on one.

Celtics tonight....what a great finals that would be...the C's against the Lakers.
Yeah, of course it's better to have him than not. You want your bench as deep as possible but they are doing great w/o him which was the point I was getting at.

I've been surprised by the Lakers a little, I didn't expect them to sweep Denver, maybe lose at least 1 game, and to dominate Utah so well. I have trouble seeing the Hornets beating the Lakers, the Spurs were the only team I thought could stop them but maybe not considering the Hornets success. I don't want to seem cocky and to jump the gun here, but I feel confident the Lakers can make it to the finals I'm on the fence about getting tickets to a finals game right now before it's decided, b/c i figure if they play Boston prices will shoot up.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,347,871 times
Walton should be starting over foul prone streaky-shooter Radmonivic. I think Walton could be an allstar one day.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM

26,345 posts, read 84,780,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah, of course it's better to have him than not. You want your bench as deep as possible but they are doing great w/o him which was the point I was getting at.

I've been surprised by the Lakers a little, I didn't expect them to sweep Denver, maybe lose at least 1 game, and to dominate Utah so well. I have trouble seeing the Hornets beating the Lakers, the Spurs were the only team I thought could stop them but maybe not considering the Hornets success. I don't want to seem cocky and to jump the gun here, but I feel confident the Lakers can make it to the finals I'm on the fence about getting tickets to a finals game right now before it's decided, b/c i figure if they play Boston prices will shoot up.
I have the same feelings. Boston isn't looking as sharp in the playoffs as they did during the regular season. I'd love to see Cleveland tie it tonight - they were thisclose to winning game 1.

The Lakers are peaking at the right time.

I still think San Antonio will pull it out, they are too good, well coached.

San Antonio scares me more than Boston does. I don't have a good feel for Boston's bench.

If the Lakers play Boston and beat them in the finals, then it will be Boston 16, Lakers 15 in NBA championships (But something like seven of Boston's championship victories were against the Lakers in the 1960s).

Old 05-08-2008, 04:37 PM

198 posts, read 279,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I have the same feelings. Boston isn't looking as sharp in the playoffs as they did during the regular season. I'd love to see Cleveland tie it tonight - they were thisclose to winning game 1.

San Antonio scares me more than Boston does. I don't have a good feel for Boston's bench.

If the Lakers play Boston and beat them in the finals, then it will be Boston 16, Lakers 15 in NBA championships (But something like seven of Boston's championship victories were against the Lakers in the 1960s).
Boston is pretty deep, and they have a tenacious defense. Pierce will cause LeBron to have fits in this series. Ray Allen needs to step up.

If the C's meet the Lakers in the finals, Kobe and Pierce will be a good matchup, but I don't think Boston will be able to handle the Lakers 3, 4, and 5 guys. Gasol and Lamar have great chemistry. Lamar is much more comfortable and much more effective playing where he is, and he is Gasol's biggest feeder. Gasol and KG will be interesting, but I think the Lakers also have a fine defense that will cause Garnett to have some problems. It could come down to one on one players.

I don't think the Celtics can take a seven game series from the Lakers.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 PM

7,141 posts, read 19,549,014 times
All i know is that I really hope that all this talk of a lakers celtics final doesn't lead to a championship series like the World Series 5 or so years ago when both the Cubs and Red Sox made it to their respective penant series but failed to make it to the World Series..

Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 903,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
All i know is that I really hope that all this talk of a lakers celtics final doesn't lead to a championship series like the World Series 5 or so years ago when both the Cubs and Red Sox made it to their respective penant series but failed to make it to the World Series..
Personally, I'm predicting a New Orleans vs. Detroit Final.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Personally, I'm predicting a New Orleans vs. Detroit Final.
You know, as odd as that sounds, it is possible. I'll bet ABC-TV wouldn't want that though. ABC's ratings would probably be double or triple if it were a Lakers Celtics finals. Wasn't it San Antonio-Cleveland last year? That was probably the lowest ratings NBA Finals ever - hardly any market share.

As the legendary Chick Hearn used to say: "The NBA doesn't run the NBA. If CBS wanted the NBA to play with square basketballs at three o'clock in the morning, then the NBA would play with square basketballs at three o'clock in the morning."

Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

San Antonio scares me more than Boston does.
The war starts tonight. I had a feeling about San Antonio coming back.

Bill Plashke has the same feelings as I do:

The last people in the world Lakers wanted to see - Los Angeles Times

I like to go to the other city's sports page and read the mood over there:

MySA.com: MySanAntonio.com: Spurs (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052108.1E.BKNspurs.lakers.adv.12fba002.html - broken link)

The World Champion LA Times Sports Page had a Lakers quiz:

Lakers Quiz No. 1 - Los Angeles Times (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or