U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:12 PM

253 posts, read 1,238,256 times

Advertisements

Pay the price - get as close to UCLA as you can. You won't regret spending the money, but you will regret the commute if you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 02:01 PM

81 posts, read 311,764 times
You have a bit of a drive from Encino to UCLA. While it may not look that far on the map, you have to remember traffic is Los Angeles is horrific. It can take you 30 minutes to travel 3 miles in this city, so keep that in mind.

Encino is a nice area, but if you are working at UCLA, you really need to live on the other side of the hill. Look at Westwood, many areas of Beverly Hills are affordable now, Santa Monica and Brentwood.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,495 times
Default please help asking jeoore for advice--- vincetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoore View Post
Hello all,
I recently accepted a job offer at the Santa Monica UCLA as a RN. I am moving to Los Angeles from Iowa City with my boyfriend the first week of June. We are currently looking at places to live in the Valley. Top areas are Sherman Oaks, Studio City, and Encino. I heard many good things about Encino on this forum. What I am asking is if there are any rough areas of Encino to avoid. We are looking at an apartment complex at 5461 Yarmouth Ave. Since we will not be able to fly out and see the area and apartment complex (we can only rely on pictures), could anyone tell me if this is in an "ok" area?

I have been to Sherman Oaks before, but never to Encino. Just need some information about this part. There is very limited info. about Encino online.

Hi saw your question about encino in the process of trying to relocate there myself wanted to ask you for some advice on the best way to make this transition. I live in philadelphia but want to relocat to ca very soon. How did you secure employment before relocating. What is the best way to go about doing this. Have you moved to encino yet and if so does it seem to be a pretty safe area to live in??
Vincetta

Old 01-26-2014, 06:47 PM

8,452 posts, read 12,101,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincetta View Post
Hi saw your question about encino in the process of trying to relocate there myself wanted to ask you for some advice on the best way to make this transition. I live in philadelphia but want to relocat to ca very soon. How did you secure employment before relocating. What is the best way to go about doing this. Have you moved to encino yet and if so does it seem to be a pretty safe area to live in??
Vincetta
Hi new poster, if you look in the left corner of the post you're replying to, you can see it's from May 2008. Just a tip.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,608 times
Where can I get recent feedback on whether to relocate to California encino area or fort myers Florida?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 2,608 times
My husband and I are relocating from Minnesota I hate the winters and with my 6 year old and I both having Lyme disease I'm wanting to be somewhere with more moderate temps where my son and I don't have to hibernate all winter due to 30 below lol my hubby is a maintenance electrician and also wondering if any jobs do relocation assistance anymore?!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles