U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am having a baby soon and I am look at houses in the Redondo Beach El Nido area. How is that area for raising a family? How is the safety, school? I heard that East of Inglewood Ave is bad. This place is just East of it by Franklin Park. How would you rate that area? If I don't get this one, where in RB or Torrance should I look? (MB is out of the price range). Thanks a lot!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 10:17 AM

17,343 posts, read 18,087,059 times
I lived in North Redondo (90278) in the ‘90’s off of Curtis Ave and Aviation Blvd. It’s further west than the location you’re asking about. Generally, I would say that North Redondo is a safe, family oriented neighborhood. Back then, many of my neighbors were aerospace engineers who worked in nearby El Segundo. It was a desirable neighborhood back then and I know that real estate prices have appreciated significantly over the past years.

Other areas to look: South Redondo, West Torrance.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:24 PM

817 posts, read 784,974 times
Riviera Village in South Redondo is nice. Accessible to the beach, shopping and dining.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Thank you members!

Old 04-19-2021, 05:35 PM

63 posts, read 104,777 times
RB is pretty pricey, you may get just a slightly better value in Central Torrance (Old Town) or North Torrance.
If you're looking to stay in the N. Redondo price point, I would definitely recommend S. Torrance--minus the area around Lake Walteria due to soil movement.

Also, don't forget parts of Hawthorne generally west of the 405 has great schools and is right next to MB, El Segundo, etc. It's a very small section of Hawthorne, but if you stay W of the 405 you'll be in a great area. Think Holly Glen and areas around the aerospace companies.

Hope this helps!

Old Today, 04:35 PM

19 posts, read 24,933 times
This is a somewhat old thread but wanted to add:

Franklin Park/El Nido is an amazing neighborhood. Basically a SFR neighborhood; lots of families with young children, along with many original owners. Everyone here is super-friendly. Not sure why anyone told you east of Inglewood is bad—we're east of Inglewood and it's as nice a neighborhood as that west of Inglewood. Having Franklin Park easily accessible is a godsend, especially if you have children (and if you're west of Inglewood, you have to cross Inglewood Ave to get here, which is tricky bc Inglewood is an especially busy street—east of Inglewood and you're a short walk away from a beautiful park!).

Schools here so far have been amazing for our kids; they love their teachers and their friends. Small, tight-knit community. FYI: if you're east of Firmona, technically you are in Torrance, not Redondo Beach. Different schools (Torrance schools are great schools too, but if you were aiming specifically for RB schools that distinction is important).

Hope you found your home here; good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles