U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,541,667 times
Reputation: 2251

Advertisements

it is the BIBLE inst. of LA. and i think that was a sentimental pick for the OP.

for good schools with a general focus, It is UCLA, and the Claremont Colleges.

but as for prestige and chaces of being successful, then def CAL tech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Long Beach, CA
72 posts, read 178,569 times
Reputation: 28
Default Biola and USC

USC for its Cinema School, remember we all live in Hollywood and want to be movie stars. Biola for the student body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2008, 09:12 PM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,116,085 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it is the BIBLE inst. of LA. and i think that was a sentimental pick for the OP.

for good schools with a general focus, It is UCLA, and the Claremont Colleges.

but as for prestige and chaces of being successful, then def CAL tech.
Wellllllll............

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarski View Post
USC for its Cinema School, remember we all live in Hollywood and want to be movie stars. Biola for the student body.
I feel bad for not mentioning USC. As my alma mater's cross town rival I didn't mention USC, affectionately known at UCLA as "Up Schitz Creek."

Did you hear of the UCLA undergrad who transferred from UCLA to USC and raised the average IQ of both schools simultaneously? (rim shot)

Or the UCLA and USC guy who shared neighboring urinals at the UCLA-USC GAME? UCLA guy starts leaving, USC guy says "At USC they taught us to wash our hands after we pi**. UCLA guy replies, "At UCLA they taught us to not pi** on our hands." (rim shot)

Okay, there's no subjective way to answer whether UCLA or USC is better.

But Biola? Honestly I never heard of Biola until I googled it. But heck, I've only lived in Los Angeles for over 5 decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2008, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,345 posts, read 84,701,631 times
Reputation: 17581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wellllllll............


I feel bad for not mentioning USC. As my alma mater's cross town rival I didn't mention USC, affectionately known at UCLA as "Up Schitz Creek."

Did you hear of the UCLA undergrad who transferred from UCLA to USC and raised the average IQ of both schools simultaneously? (rim shot)

Or the UCLA and USC guy who shared neighboring urinals at the UCLA-USC GAME? UCLA guy starts leaving, USC guy says "At USC they taught us to wash our hands after we pi**. UCLA guy replies, "At UCLA they taught us to not pi** on our hands." (rim shot)

Okay, there's no subjective way to answer whether UCLA or USC is better.

But Biola? Honestly I never heard of Biola until I googled it. But heck, I've only lived in Los Angeles for over 5 decades.
http://www.johnspeedie.com/healy/fighton.wav

You have to have heard of this guy:

Jim Healy Tribute Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,116,085 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You have to have heard of this guy:
Nope. Sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Long Beach, CA
72 posts, read 178,569 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wellllllll............


I feel bad for not mentioning USC. As my alma mater's cross town rival I didn't mention USC, affectionately known at UCLA as "Up Schitz Creek."

Did you hear of the UCLA undergrad who transferred from UCLA to USC and raised the average IQ of both schools simultaneously? (rim shot)

Or the UCLA and USC guy who shared neighboring urinals at the UCLA-USC GAME? UCLA guy starts leaving, USC guy says "At USC they taught us to wash our hands after we pi**. UCLA guy replies, "At UCLA they taught us to not pi** on our hands." (rim shot)

Okay, there's no subjective way to answer whether UCLA or USC is better.

But Biola? Honestly I never heard of Biola until I googled it. But heck, I've only lived in Los Angeles for over 5 decades.
I think he must have heard the first joke from an SCer the other way around because it wasn't bad. But maybe the UCLA student transferred to SC because his dad got a job.
As for the second joke, I wouldn't advocate for any school if I told jokes like that.
I only got a little money from a major car accident I was involved in in Stockton. I wanted to be careful with the money, so at first I bought a house in Atwater. I never read Ann Landers, but one day a letter caught my eye because it asked what a young person should do with a little bit of money. Ann said invest it in an education. I sold the house to my father, finished up at Junior College, treated myself to a grad present of going to Europe and then headed to SC. I had to ride the bus, and work my way through.
I'd decided to go to SC because I was majoring in juggling.
A UCLA grad and a SC grad go in for an interview. The UCLA grad interviews first and the interviewer ask, "What's 2 + 2?" "4," he answers. Then the SC grad goes in and he asks the same question. "Whatever you want it to be" "You're my new account"
SC has the best accounting school in CA, perhaps the nation. I graduated in '81. A month ago, I wanted to get in touch with an old Professor because he told me a couple years back he was getting a Chair, and I wanted to see if he could get me appointed to it. I need money now. I went to SC and asked if they'd fax to my old Professor for me. They told me they'd have to check first, so I told them to tell him I knew why accounting was a sexy subject. An old joke. They called, and he immediately wanted to speak to me. He told me to go meet the Dean of the School before I left.
That's why I went to SC; it doesn't matter how you got there; Professors will take the time help you personally to succeed.
I stopped juggling because I felt guilty about causing the collapse of at least a couple of the S&L's in the 90's. I went into another line of work and retired before 9 years because of my old Professor attention to me. It's only a Bohemian's retirement, but not working for the past 12 years has been nice.
I'm still riding the bus because I'm paying for my son's tuition at Biola. I wanted him to go to a private school.
I'm surprised nobody commented on the dichotomy bewteen the two best Universities in LA..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2008, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
1,148 posts, read 2,664,507 times
Reputation: 846
Some of you sound young and immature and just so full of yourself and your alma mater... please don't insult anyone, whether they went to Biola or UCLA or USC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top