U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:57 AM

42,390 posts, read 41,835,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Agreed. I would also venture to say that the "10's" (as defined by the poster) have had a good amount "work" done to make themselves a 10. No wonder they only go after the extremely wealthy "men"; they need a Sugar Daddy to finance their plastic surgery bills, as well as their maintenance bills.
I agree with you. They seem to be looking for a "sugar daddy". Nothing worse to me than a gold digging person, whether man or woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 AM

3,921 posts, read 4,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
Yeah, California is overrated. Compared to where? I'd like to hear...

Compared to itself. Overrated is overrated.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM

14,534 posts, read 16,184,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
One word, just like the state.... Overrated
California overrated? That must explain all the people who want to move here and most of the people who already live here... Not!

Los Angeles and California are not the heart's desire of every single person but LA & CA are among the most highly regarded places to live in the entire nation. You can stick your head in the sand and believe otherwise but that doesn't change the facts.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 PM

3,921 posts, read 4,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
California overrated? That must explain all the people who want to move here and most of the people who already live here... Not!

Los Angeles and California are not the heart's desire of every single person but LA & CA are among the most highly regarded places to live in the entire nation. You can stick your head in the sand and believe otherwise but that doesn't change the facts.
I lived there for 28 years. My head is not in the sand. It's just that I've traveled and lived other places and IMO it's not all it's cracked up to be. Whatever. Now when I go back to almost anywhere in Ca, I can't stand it.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM

11 posts, read 95,494 times
Quote:

I dont think its very much overrated. Maybe a little though. TV and media make it seem like the greatest place ever and a place where all entertainment dreams come true. Thats true for alot of people, but just as much people go there and have there dreams destroyed or failing. The Beaches and the party scene definitely arent overrated from what I hear but I have never been there before so I cant really talk about that. I want to move there so very bad to become an Hollywood actor but Im currently in college working on my international relations degree in hopes of becoming a diplomat and traveling the world. Thats what everyone says but I believe that I have a special motivation and drive that others dont have. It may sound cliche but I know what Im talking about. Im not in it just for the money, I actually LOVE the art of acting. Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Leo Decaprio, Jada Pinkett, Angelina Jolie, etc. among others make acting look so fun. Yes I love money but that isnt why I want to become a Hollywood actor. Most people just wanna star in a few movie roles and make money for themselves. I think of acting as a way to free yourself and become what the world wont let you. That is why I want to move to Hollywood, to become what is only in my imagination. Im sorry that I wasnt here to answer all of your replies annd that was very rude of me because it was me that made the post in the 1st place. I can tell that yall are a mature group that expect the OP to stay updated with his/her threads unlike other forums. Im rambling here but I just wanted to state my thoughts on moving to Cali in this post before I got back on subject with the girls.

Thanks for the replies on the girls and what they really want in Cali. The majority of you basically said that girls are more money hungry here than in any other state but at the same time they are beuatiful. Somebody in my thread said that LA was great fgor finding a lover but not a wife and I completely agree with that basded on what you guys have told me here about the women u encounter in Cali.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:53 AM

293 posts, read 810,812 times
Talking Ya'll know what...

I wish they all can be Californnnnnnnnia Giiiiiiiirls!

YouTube - The Beach Boys - California Girls

Old 06-17-2009, 01:11 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,556,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx000 View Post
How are the girls down there in LA? When u walk down the street, are there beautiful girls all around? What about on the beaches and in Hollywood?
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet. But the title and first post just made me laugh my arse off. Who here shares in my amusement?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:13 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,556,337 times
Quote:
You are familiar with the 0-10 rating system, right? A California 6 would be a Portland or Houston or any other city 9. A California 7 would be a 10 in most other cities.

However, you're going to need an income of at least $250,000 per year to date a California 8. You'll need $500,000 or more to date a 9. You'll never date a California 10 unless you make upwards of $1,000,000 per year usually combined with a nationally recognized name in entertainment or possibly in politics.

On the other hand, if you just want to look but not touch, come on out and eat dinner at some expensive restaurants in Hollywood or Malibu and you'll see plenty of 10s. Or just buy Playboy Magazine for a comparable experience at a greatly reduced price.
The above is true......if you're a Moderator cut: language and/or fat and/or ugly and/or have no game.

Otherwise it's Moderator cut: language

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-17-2009 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 PM

57,951 posts, read 76,951,786 times
rosie o'donnell lookalike or mandonna wanabee your call.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,295,632 times
The idea that all hot women in so cal are looking for a wealthy guy is a myth.

There simply arent that many wealthy men here, there cant be. Look at all the hot 18-25 year olds...there cant be that many 18-25 year old wealthy guys. Young girls take care of themselves very well...partially influenced no doubt by mtv, cosmopolitan, lauren conrad, the hills, etc.

One thing is, its so media driven here. I cant imagine women in portland or houston being so influenced by media (and there's plenty of hot women in the south, in texas).

I think they're more attractive partially because they're so active. If you put 365 days of sunshine in the northeast or midwest, there'd be plenty of hot girls there too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles