U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM

13 posts, read 21,944 times

Advertisements

I think it's in the back of many women minds to find a wealthy guy. That's usually why they dress up. It's to compete against another to impress that guy. IN general though, women here would settle for a loser guy who is "Brad Pitt" look alike than an ugly rich guy. I work in the entertainment industry, and women here are pretty superficial.

The order in preferences goes:
1) looks
2) money
3) inner qualities

Occasionally there's that one woman who values inner qualities over the other superficial traits, but it's so rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 PM

236 posts, read 728,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybionr View Post
I think it's in the back of many women minds to find a wealthy guy. That's usually why they dress up. It's to compete against another to impress that guy. IN general though, women here would settle for a loser guy who is "Brad Pitt" look alike than an ugly rich guy. I work in the entertainment industry, and women here are pretty superficial.

The order in preferences goes:
1) looks
2) money
3) inner qualities

Occasionally there's that one woman who values inner qualities over the other superficial traits, but it's so rare.
Wow, that's really sad if that's what you have experienced. Maybe I have blinders on because I have a good job and no desire to find anybody to pay my bills or marry for support. I know there are women out there like this, but could it be this is a bit of a generalization? I have a lot of girlfriends here more like me than not.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,555,299 times
I've always felt that men who complain/think that women only want men with money do so as a rationalization for why women aren't interested in them. Didn't get a message returned by that hottie you met at the bar? Just say she is only after money. I guess, for a lot of people, that's better than facing the reality that she just didn't find you that attractive or interesting.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
I've always felt that men who complain/think that women only want men with money do so as a rationalization for why women aren't interested in them. Didn't get a message returned by that hottie you met at the bar? Just say she is only after money. I guess, for a lot of people, that's better than facing the reality that she just didn't find you that attractive or interesting.
Maybe... I think there are a lot of strange perceptions out there also. I remember telling a guy I wasn't really looking for a guy to support me, and my friends were similar to me. He said, and I quote, "But are they hot?" An adult male said this to me. I replied by stating that they were attractive if that's what he meant, and no, they weren't supporting themselves because nobody else would. I also sometimes get guys who think I'm gay because they think I'm attractive, and I'm not looking for support. I'm like, WTF???? When did this world become so complicated. I can't be straight, successful and self supporting???

I know that might be a little off topic, but I agree that sometimes perceptions of others have more to do with you than the people you're peceiving. I'm sure I've been guilty of the same thing at some point.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:09 PM

13 posts, read 21,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesallimc View Post
Wow, that's really sad if that's what you have experienced. Maybe I have blinders on because I have a good job and no desire to find anybody to pay my bills or marry for support. I know there are women out there like this, but could it be this is a bit of a generalization? I have a lot of girlfriends here more like me than not.
I'm overgeneralizing and it's particularly in the entertainment field that I work in. There are less superficial girls in other pockets in LA, but this is just my experience here near the Miracle Mile.

Quote:
I definitely dont think all women here want men with money. I'm just saying many women all say they want men with money. I've been pursuing a hispanic girl, and i have money. Took her out to some nice places already before she told me her type is strictly "white guys". I'm asian for what it's worth so I might be fighting an uphill battle trying to date women who are not asian.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybionr View Post
I'm overgeneralizing and it's particularly in the entertainment field that I work in. There are less superficial girls in other pockets in LA, but this is just my experience here near the Miracle Mile.

I definitely dont think all women here want men with money. I'm just saying many women all say they want men with money. I've been pursuing a hispanic girl, and i have money. Took her out to some nice places already before she told me her type is strictly "white guys". I'm asian for what it's worth so I might be fighting an uphill battle trying to date women who are not asian.
LOL! I work in entertainment and live/work in Miracle Mile! That is too funny. Although I work on the business side, so maybe that's the difference.

I hear what you're saying, and as I said, I know those women exist. I don't think race is your issue, but maybe just the women you're running into. I know people of pretty much every race who are superficial and are not, so I don't think all hispanic women dating asian men are doing so to look for money. Hope you have better luck soon!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:24 PM

709 posts, read 1,607,571 times
Quote:
How are the girls down there in LA? When u walk down the street, are there beautiful girls all around? What about on the beaches and in Hollywood?
If your main preference is Hispanic women than Los Angeles would be heaven on earth for you. If not than the women in L.A on average are nothing special

Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,405,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
I'd have to say -- any woman who marries purely for money and power (or looks) would be no higher than about a 2 on my scale, if I had a scale, regardless of looks.

The woman who marries for character, how much they enjoy the person, and attempt to be happy -- that's a 10, again, regardless of looks.

That's just my opinion. I know many will disagree -- but hey, those women who look only for money and power... even if I was incredibly rich and powerful, I'd be miserable with them. And the same would apply to the men who only want a woman for their looks. So to me, those people deserve each other, they can make each other miserable!
I feel the same way you do. Who in their right mind would marry someone only for their $$ or looks? No wonder there are so many people in this country who get divorced! They just marry someone for the wrong reasons instead of marrying for the RIGHT reasons. They can only blame themselves for their poor choices. I hear all the time about how people either married when they were young or for some other stupid reason. When you are out in public and the more people you talk to, the more you will find out about how dysfunctional some people are. I'm 31 years old and I haven't gotten tired of being single yet

The woman who marries for character, now that would be one of the right reasons to marry.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:21 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,553,175 times
i've met and seen plenty of hot women here in LA that weren't just looking for rich guys. i know because i've seen their boyfriends too, and they're not millionaire hollywood producers either, just average joes.

that said, if you're actually looking to see hot women just walking around, you'll have to do a good deal of driving. there are certain places in the city where young and beautiful women hang out, but because the city is so spread out, unlike say, NYC or SF, you wont just step out of your house and start seeing them all over. you'll have to get in your car and drive to say hollywood at night or something like that.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM

139 posts, read 415,465 times
It's only rational for a good looking woman to want the most financially successful guy she can get. Womens value starts depreciating at age 24, accelerates at 26, and falls off a cliff at 30.

A 30 year old "10" is about as valuable as a '04 Mercedes S500 with 180,000 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles