U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM

25,739 posts, read 26,286,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
I've always felt that men who complain/think that women only want men with money do so as a rationalization for why women aren't interested in them. Didn't get a message returned by that hottie you met at the bar? Just say she is only after money. I guess, for a lot of people, that's better than facing the reality that she just didn't find you that attractive or interesting.

EXACTLY. Frequently, the type of man who tears a woman apart, stating women in general are money-grubbers, etc., is the same type of man judging women on their looks on a sliding scale. (The latter being, apparently, okay, while the former is a total disgrace. Hmm.) I mean...it couldn't be because the guy is superficial that the girls aren't returning that glance or anything...or that inherent, across-the-board cynicism...

Girl Catching Tip: Boys, when you have generalizations about women, rate them, put them into little boxes, then expect a perfect 10 by your definition to come your way...we know it. We smell it. It's like a sixth sense. You may think you're hiding your chauvinistic thoughts behind a bunch of practiced-to-look-unpracticed lines, etc....but we know. We do. If you think of women as objects, we absolutely know it. And we avoid you.

And it has nothing to do with your wallet.

Saying so just makes you feel better for a while. Until the next rejection.

You know that horrible, crawling, get-away-from-me feeling you get when you realize a woman really is just after something and it's not your heart? (It could be your wallet, your status, your whatever.) That's exactly the feeling when we sense that you're "expecting" a 10...but you're willing to settle for an 8 if she has such-and-such...bleah. (Gagging.)

Start being real, drop your own pretenses, and maybe a woman will come along who digs you. And if you wish to hang a woman's dateability on how "hot" she looks, expect to have similarly unbelievably shallow expectations placed on you, because then you only will be able to attract a woman who is willing to completely overlook your shallowness, and what kind of a woman will that probably be? Think about it.

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 09-02-2009 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: removed photo; possible copyright violation
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 PM

489 posts, read 1,795,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
There's no doubt about it. Tight asses and cute looks appeal to men. Men with power and money appeal to women. It's a natural trade-off. The best looking women get the most rich and powerful men. The most rich and powerful men get the best looking women. It's just another version of the law of supply and demand. Why would a 10 woman want a poor man when she can find another man who is similar in every way except he's rich? Why would a rich man want a 5 woman when he can find an 8 woman that is otherwise the same in every way, and she wants him?

That's life in the cold hard city, and Los Angeles is a cold hard city.
Okay . . .so what happens 10, 20 years up the road when the tight-assed cutie comes down with breast or ovarian cancer, has a mastectomy maybe, loses her hair, becomes because horrendously bloated due to the chemo and steroids - Is Mr. Romeo going to be sitting by her hospital bed holding her hand? Or what if Mr. "Rich Man" comes down with cancer or diabetes mellitus or some horrendous condition that renders him unable to work and thus unable to stay "rich". . . . . what then? Is "Tight Butt Hottie" still going to stick with him? Maybe, but my guess is not. Or as a couple, your house burns to the ground and you lose everything you've built up for years, like what's happening in parts of your town right now? Then what? As you get older, you see it clearer and being "hot" or "rich" will only get you so far when the heavy stuff of real life starts happening--you had better have something a whole lot more, because THAT is life in the cold, hard city (I'm talking from a little experience here).

Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 AM

16,244 posts, read 27,777,831 times
When you are truly rich you actually have money and the need to work is secondary. Many high income individuals that have the car, boat, house, and maybe airplane are not rich but just have an income that supports their habits. I should know a little about this. At the same time i am not looking for the love of my life or some eye candy to hang over me. I have a beautifull wife and 6 kids.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 AM

27 posts, read 85,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx000 View Post
How are the girls down there in LA? When u walk down the street, are there beautiful girls all around? What about on the beaches and in Hollywood?
The girls here are Hot!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:32 PM

436 posts, read 788,330 times
The rule is in California if you want the hot chick, you need lots of money, because they will not talk to you if they don't smell money, sorry that is the cold hard reality of California.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,548,934 times
even tho there's lots of hot girls here in LA, i'd say at least 75 - 80% of them are here because they want to be actresses or work in some capacity in the movie industry. so if you actually want to meet lots of hotties then you have to be working in the film industry, otherwise it's hard to get to meet many of them unless you go out every night clubbing!

and yes money does help, but there are still some nice women to be found here...altho they tend not to be hot because the hot ones usually have bad attitude!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:05 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,125,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
When you are truly rich you actually have money and the need to work is secondary. Many high income individuals that have the car, boat, house, and maybe airplane are not rich but just have an income that supports their habits. I should know a little about this. At the same time i am not looking for the love of my life or some eye candy to hang over me. I have a beautifull wife and 6 kids.
6 kids??? You've been a busy man!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:16 PM

522 posts, read 591,077 times
Stuff like this must keep an awful lot of therapists busy. Beauty does not cut it if there is no personality. Cold city? No just shallow and narcisstic. I love LA.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:25 PM

436 posts, read 788,330 times
"shallow and narcissistic"Yup that pretty much describes LA people are only interested if you can do something for them.
There are good people here, but good luck finding them as most are selfish children out for them selves.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 PM

16,244 posts, read 27,777,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
6 kids??? You've been a busy man!
LASam, Took us a while to figure what was causing it. Now we know and have since populated our home with flat screen tv's. Also the boat and plane take plenty of time to maintain as well.

Truthfully my wife is an amazing woman that is a former single lady that plenty of men tried their amazing lines and moves on. I was the winner though. It occasionally happens that a regular guy, (that happens to have a boat, house, airplane, and Porsche) gets a girl. Yes I am blessed to have her.

On a side note she is not a material girl although she does love the occasional Coach purse. Heck she met me and had no idea who I was or what I had. For me that is a big plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles