Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 AM

236 posts, read 1,141,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLee View Post
Considering you're the one who asked what women look like in California, I really don't think you have much room to talk. It's not his fault, it's the public and the media. He speaks the truth.
Errrr.... I never asked this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I once truthfully answered a friend from Rome when queried which city had more beautiful women, Rome or L.A.? As far as percentages of beautiful women and girls running around ferally in the city limits, I said Rome wins hands down. He was surprised, but observation of the two cities' populaces would confirm that to anyone familiar with both.
I asked my wife a similar question comparing women in Moscow to women in LA. She said that based solely on physical looks, women in Moscow wins and it isnt even a close race. She cited how many what she calls "fat cows" walking around in LA (and America) compared to Moscow. She says that its almost unheard of in Moscow to be fat and you're under 35 with no kids.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM

27 posts, read 86,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Errrr.... I never asked this.
Eek, my apologies!

Though it really is true.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:44 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx000 View Post
How are the girls down there in LA? When u walk down the street, are there beautiful girls all around? What about on the beaches and in Hollywood?
We are all size 2's with blonde hair, insanely HOT and BIG fake breast. We don't talk much, are easy, single, and like to where as little clothing as possible. We hang out at beaches and bars... just waiting for a man to pick us up...

Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
A California 7 would be a 10 in most other cities.

I'd rather have three 7s than one 10. Variety is more important than quality.

However my friend, when asked which he'd rather have replied conversely (for a typical guy) yet so logically: "I'd take the 10 because for the rest of my life I'll never be able to get a 10 so I'll take it if I can get it. I can always get 7s later."

Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
You are familiar with the 0-10 rating system, right? A California 6 would be a Portland or Houston or any other city 9. A California 7 would be a 10 in most other cities.

However, you're going to need an income of at least $250,000 per year to date a California 8. You'll need $500,000 or more to date a 9. You'll never date a California 10 unless you make upwards of $1,000,000 per year usually combined with a nationally recognized name in entertainment or possibly in politics.
Quote:
What superficial and shallow remarks. No wonder so many women are obsessed with their appearance... men like you don't take anything else into consideration with your "ratings." A truly beautiful woman is happy and confident with who she is inside and out. Grow up.
Don't shoot me! I'm just the messenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I'm defending lovehound's reply as well. It was fairly restrained and accurate for a potentially rude question.
Thanks fastfilm!

I would like to point out something that should be said. Los Angeles doesn't grow any better looking women than any other place in the world. We produce the same percentages of cute and ugly women as everywhere else. What makes L.A. 10s better looking than 10s in perhaps St. Louis or Atlanta is that the best looking women from all over the country migrate to Los Angeles because they want to get into the entertainment industry. They flock here in droves!!!

What that means is when a significant number of the cutest women of other cities migrate to Los Angeles it increases our coverage at the top end. Many of the very best looking women in the entire country come here to become actresses and get into television.

In Los Angeles we have become used to having more of the best looking women in our city so our 10 is not the same as a Detroit 10 or a Seattle 10. Our calibration has been skewed towards the high end by this migration of pretty women.

So I meant no slur to any other cities or the women who live there. I was just doing a non-emotional analysis of how the women differ in Los Angeles. Our rating system has become skewed and distorted and so our 0-10 numbering system cannot be compared to the same 0-10 numbering system in other cities.

If you don't like it, then just quit sending your prettiest women to Los Angeles. It's not my fault that it's the truth, so don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. OP question asked and answered, and that's how and why it is.

It's also true that the most avaricious people migrate to places like Los Angeles, so we as a city including our immigrants are more avaricious on the average. That applies to women too. Combine the two effects and that's why it takes $500K income to date an L.A. 9 and $1 million income to date an L.A. 10. They're good looking and they don't have any interest in dating average guys when they can date powerful men with 6-7 figure incomes. It is a harsh truth in the City of the Angels.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,060,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx000 View Post
How are the girls down there in LA? When u walk down the street, are there beautiful girls all around? What about on the beaches and in Hollywood?
Generally, the answer would be "yes" if you like:
Dyed or natural blonde hair or highlights.
Artifically enhanced features.
And >$10,000 in Credit Card debt.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times
Quote:
What superficial and shallow remarks. No wonder so many women are obsessed with their appearance... men like you don't take anything else into consideration with your "ratings." A truly beautiful woman is happy and confident with who she is inside and out. Grow up.
I can hope there are tons of girls my age who are 100% childfree, for me.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
I would like to point out something that should be said. Los Angeles doesn't grow any better looking women than any other place in the world. We produce the same percentages of cute and ugly women as everywhere else. What makes L.A. 10s better looking than 10s in perhaps St. Louis or Atlanta is that the best looking women from all over the country migrate to Los Angeles because they want to get into the entertainment industry. They flock here in droves!!!
I think another thing is wealthy areas often have high percentages of good looking women (and men).

A couple of clichés which support this:
"A guy will marry the best looking woman he can afford."

"Tight butts get rich husbands."
There are an awful lot of hot moms walking around the Westlake Village Promenade. Moms today are ten times better looking than moms of 30 years ago; in fact, I think they're in competition with their high school and college daughters - and the moms are winning. Mrs. Robinson got it all started before the acronym MILF was ever invented.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Like the old saying goes "Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder".....L.A also has women from all over the World,so chances are you'll definately find someone that will interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles