U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:30 AM

14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
I don't think people don't get it, it's just that a lot of 20 year olds have said the same thing only to have changed their minds 10-15 years later. Some people happily remian childfree but many people change their minds. I wouldn't stress about it if I were you.
You get it, they don't. What more can I say?

What's amusing is how emotional they get about somebody older than them telling them they might possibly change their minds perhaps in their 30s. Maybe they'll change their minds, maybe they won't, but why get their panties all in a twist just because somebody suggested the idea? That's what I call having a closed mind. I hope I never get that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 07:23 AM

236 posts, read 1,061,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
The city, or the world, is overpopulated as it is. Its sad that most girls are more concerned with children than relationships.
This is the BIGGEST MYTH EVER!!! Population levels in most of Europe and many other parts of the world are actually below replacement level! MYTH MYTH!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Well, let me just say that last year Los Angeles had to cancel our March of the Virgins parade because one of the virgins got sick and the other one didn't want to march alone.

Just pullin' your chain, podner. Our girls are fairly active sexually but some aren't and others require a few more years before they whelp.
I know many young women who live here (including myself) who remained virgins until their wedding night. Old fashioned values are not dead despite mainstream media's intent to kill them!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I guess it depends on what you consider junk.

(image not protected by copyright)
Ah Charles, spoken as a true doubter.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Which is why i'm staying childfree. I don't understand why girls want kdis though and would end the relationship over something petty.
This shows great immaturity on your part LaFan. To call the desire to be a mother, the deepest and most beautiful calling of humankind, something "petty" is truly ridiculous. Motherhood is AWESOME and changes your life and your self for the better in a way nothing can, unless you absolutely refuse to let it do so!!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:05 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,414,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You get it, they don't. What more can I say?

What's amusing is how emotional they get about somebody older than them telling them they might possibly change their minds perhaps in their 30s. Maybe they'll change their minds, maybe they won't, but why get their panties all in a twist just because somebody suggested the idea? That's what I call having a closed mind. I hope I never get that way.
Who are you to judge?

Old 05-17-2008, 09:29 AM

14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
This shows great immaturity on your part LaFan. To call the desire to be a mother, the deepest and most beautiful calling of humankind, something "petty" is truly ridiculous. Motherhood is AWESOME and changes your life and your self for the better in a way nothing can, unless you absolutely refuse to let it do so!!
Edelweiss, I'd like to point out that your comment above is a bit gender centric. Fatherhood too is all those things you said. Perhaps you noticed that it takes two to tango!

Quote:
Who are you to judge?
Who is judging? I'm just making the observation that these two young "know it all men" have already made up their minds when they have no idea how they'll feel 10 or 15 years down the road. I've been down the road and I speak from experience. I'm not saying they've made a bad decision. I'm saying they are not sufficiently experienced to know what they'll feel like at a later stage in life.

Actually I wish more people decided to not have children. We're already up to our armpits in people, and one thing the world surely doesn't need is more people.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,414,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I don't care what you think about me. I get the same heat from other parents.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:38 PM

95 posts, read 248,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I guess it depends on what you consider junk.

(image not protected by copyright)
Which God are you talking about? The Jewish God? Not everyone believes in your God, whichever one it is today and not everyone hates Hitler. How much do you really know about Germany and WWII? I mean, beyond what you read in the comic books? Tell me what the non-German population was doing to Germany after WWI. Tell me why Hitler's policies were enacted. Why did he do it? Again, do not quote comic books.

That said, California does not have the prettiest girls. Florida (those white beach girls---yikes!), Georgia (prettiest black girls in the world), NYC (oh, man, those Cuban girls are great)...all have women that leave me wanting for more. SoCal is all cosmetic and just plain weirdness.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:34 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,143,267 times
Not from the big cities and I don't get down there much. I've always heard that the San Diego area has gorgeous woman. We have a ton of gorgeous college women where I'm from, San Luis Obispo. Cal Poly seems to attract HOT women. SLO, has a nice downtown party scene. If you have the money and really want to be surrounded by super-model look a likes, who are sexual beings, go to Sweden or Norway. I can't explain it to you, you'd have to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles