U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 PM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times
Reputation: 10450

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Counting backwards from 18, we're off the hook in 10y, 12y, 14y, and 17.5 years so they're 8, 6, and 4 years and six months.
If worse comes to worse you can always have the lab work done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2008, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,345 posts, read 84,740,673 times
Reputation: 17581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
If worse comes to worse you can always have the lab work done.
I'll do that if my wife runs off with some guy she meets on City Data Forum and the judge hits me for child support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 06:18 AM
 
297 posts, read 953,924 times
Reputation: 163
It's hard to generalize about a population as large as So.Cal, but there are some generalities I have observed, from living all over it.
People get the idea from tv that it is mostly blonde amazon beach bunnies and 90210. if you go to the right zip code, you can find traces of that. As someone said, the Westlake Village Promenade, for example. In the past generations, Ca. did attract the good looking from all over, hoping to be stars. That also means the most vain and narcissistic, as well as nicest looking. And out of that, only the most vicious,and predatory survived. (The rest went back home, broke.) You can find them in their enclaves, places on the west side or along the coast. Some work out a lot, can afford the best in beauty treatment and clothing, and probably look even hotter than they really are. Hotter than anyone in your little town. Before you even try to talk to them, go check out the cost of beauty products and look at yourself from her point of view.
Now, drive inland a bit and you will see mostly hispanics and asians. Some are very beautiful. Some are not. There is a certain physical beauty that starts from within, and that is hard to find. It has been overtaken by the short-cut ideals of surgery and pills. You are more likely to find real beauty right back where you started, in your home town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,345 posts, read 84,740,673 times
Reputation: 17581
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
It's hard to generalize about a population as large as So.Cal, but there are some generalities I have observed, from living all over it.
People get the idea from tv that it is mostly blonde amazon beach bunnies and 90210. if you go to the right zip code, you can find traces of that. As someone said, the Westlake Village Promenade, for example. In the past generations, Ca. did attract the good looking from all over, hoping to be stars. That also means the most vain and narcissistic, as well as nicest looking. And out of that, only the most vicious,and predatory survived. (The rest went back home, broke.) You can find them in their enclaves, places on the west side or along the coast. Some work out a lot, can afford the best in beauty treatment and clothing, and probably look even hotter than they really are. Hotter than anyone in your little town. Before you even try to talk to them, go check out the cost of beauty products and look at yourself from her point of view.
Now, drive inland a bit and you will see mostly hispanics and asians. Some are very beautiful. Some are not. There is a certain physical beauty that starts from within, and that is hard to find. It has been overtaken by the short-cut ideals of surgery and pills. You are more likely to find real beauty right back where you started, in your home town.
This rings some bells. Sure there are lots of good looking people in SoCal but there are a lot of unhealthy overwieght people too, much of it stratified along socio-economic lines:


(image not protected by copyright)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 08:47 AM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'll do that if my wife runs off with some guy she meets on City Data Forum and the judge hits me for child support.
Hey Charles, if she shows up around the 'Hound house I'll give her a 180 and a tap on the derrière to propel her back in your direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
In the past generations, Ca. did attract the good looking from all over, hoping to be stars. That also means the most vain and narcissistic, as well as nicest looking. And out of that, only the most vicious,and predatory survived. (The rest went back home, broke.) You can find them in their enclaves, places on the west side or along the coast. Some work out a lot, can afford the best in beauty treatment and clothing, and probably look even hotter than they really are. Hotter than anyone in your little town. Before you even try to talk to them, go check out the cost of beauty products and look at yourself from her point of view.
Very accurate, except the part about past generations. It's still continuing on today. The nation's best of the best good looking women flock to Hollywood hoping to become movie and television stars. The less talented ones stalk positions as trophy wives of Hollywood stars. As you said, they are vain, narcissistic and predatory. Add to that venal, because there is no doubt that wealth rates highly in their aspirations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Sure there are lots of good looking people in SoCal but there are a lot of unhealthy overwieght people too, much of it stratified along socio-economic lines:
You're discussing our 0s, 1s and 2s: our "fuglies." (fat + ugly) Nobody even looks at them except guys who work menial and minimum wage jobs. Often female 0s-2s understand that their looks are not going to get them anywhere and many of them work on their education and may earn surprisingly high wages or operate their own very profitable businesses. These women could be great deals for career challenged guys who do not have the prerequisite wealth to attract better looking women. Note also that LA and probably everywhere has "chubby chasers," guys who actually like the lard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 09:18 AM
 
297 posts, read 953,924 times
Reputation: 163
"You're discussing our 0s, 1s and 2s: our "fuglies." (fat + ugly) Nobody even looks at them except guys who work menial and minimum wage jobs. Often female 0s-2s understand that their looks are not going to get them anywhere and many of them work on their education and may earn surprisingly high wages or operate their own very profitable businesses. These women could be great deals for career challenged guys who do not have the prerequisite wealth to attract better looking women. Note also that LA and probably everywhere has "chubby chasers," guys who actually like the lard. "

Lovehound, you summed up LA in a nutshell. This should be on the drivers test. Many guys lust after women with boney bodies, and they work 18 hrs a day to afford them.
But there's always someone coming along with more to offer. They say that "want" is the source of all human misery. And they also say that birds of a feather flock together. I just wonder why God assembles so many empty souls in one place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
And they also say that birds of a feather flock together.
I certainly hope so. I haven't been getting a lot of flocking done lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
 
Location: La Mirada, CA
236 posts, read 1,061,133 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You're discussing our 0s, 1s and 2s: our "fuglies." (fat + ugly) Nobody even looks at them except guys who work menial and minimum wage jobs. Often female 0s-2s understand that their looks are not going to get them anywhere and many of them work on their education and may earn surprisingly high wages or operate their own very profitable businesses. These women could be great deals for career challenged guys who do not have the prerequisite wealth to attract better looking women. Note also that LA and probably everywhere has "chubby chasers," guys who actually like the lard.
What an excellent summary of how shallow a person can be, Lovehound. Did you ever think that maybe these "fuglies" are too GOOD to be with some "attractive" guy? That just maybe their character and their soul is so incredibly beautiful that they wouldn't consider one who speaks as you do no matter how attractive he is??? I believe that there are nice men out there who don't mind an overweight woman because they are mature enough to realize that it's what's inside that makes for a lasting relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
 
Location: So Cal
42,289 posts, read 41,745,086 times
Reputation: 43643
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
What an excellent summary of how shallow a person can be, Lovehound. Did you ever think that maybe these "fuglies" are too GOOD to be with some "attractive" guy? That just maybe their character and their soul is so incredibly beautiful that they wouldn't consider one who speaks as you do no matter how attractive he is??? I believe that there are nice men out there who don't mind an overweight woman because they are mature enough to realize that it's what's inside that makes for a lasting relationship.
I pretty much agree. There is far too much emphasis placed on looks. Looks fade and then you stuck with nothing. I'm not saying all good looking people are shallow, but it takes alot of character to not just rely on your looks. I'm not saying people shouldn't try to keep themselves up, just not get lost in it. I'm really impressed with people if they are very attractive and down to earth. It quite refreshing. The same attractive person can be very "ugly" if they are stuck up or snotty. I know it sounds like a cliche. It takes a certain amount of maturity to be able to understand this. And besides, what's wrong with a little chubby chasin'??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: SoCal
14,527 posts, read 16,139,474 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
What an excellent summary of how shallow a person can be, Lovehound. Did you ever think that maybe these "fuglies" are too GOOD to be with some "attractive" guy?
Please try to remember that I'm describing how things really are, and not how I feel about them or what I believe they should be. I'm just the messenger.

So how shallow can somebody be when they keep seeing what they want to see instead of what actually is?

Myself, I'm a "one woman" kind of guy and I'm searching for that one woman who is perfect for me. I'm not even interested in dating ("dating means porking") any other women. I'd even turn down Pamela Anderson or Heather Locklear because I know I wouldn't be in their class and they wouldn't be the right women for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top