Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,855,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wow. Where is your anger coming from? Feminism? How about considering Masculinism? (That's the Leykis Show's reason to exist.) Perhaps you have no problem with feminists promoting women's issues as an important subject. You heard of Gloria Allred, right? How about putting the shoe on the other foot and having men champion their own cause? Is it okay in your book to have sisters supporting sisters, but it's not okay to have brothers supporting brothers?

Remember that the Tom Leykis Show is primarily an entertainment vehicle designed to carry commercial advertisements. It has to primarily entertain although it purports to educate too. If you don't like the philosophy there's nothing keeping you from hitting a different button on your radio dial.

But please don't give me this holier than thou version of why feminism is okay but masculinism is not. I'm weary of that brand of "we're better than your ilk."

Actually I wish I'd had kids but at my age it's too late. I don't want to be negotiating child care and Medicare benefits at the same time. I'd love to meet a childless woman in her 40s-50s. Good age for me.
Well I'm almost 20 and so many girls my age want kids in the future, which worries me alot. I don't ever want kids. I'm sure of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 19,986,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Well I'm almost 20 and so many girls my age want kids in the future, which worries me alot. I don't ever want kids. I'm sure of that.
Well don't ignore the chance that you may want kids in the future. You probably will. The sands of time gather around your feet and one day you wish you wish you could leave something behind, little critters with your last name. Trust me, you will feel like this. I finally decided that I didn't have any unique genes to send forward into the future although I still wish I could. But it's not the worst that can happen to a person.

At least I didn't have to send the little critters to college.

Enjoy your youth. Get back to me when you're 30, or get back to someone like me. Have a good life "son."

Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM

421 posts, read 3,213,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
All women are beautiful ...God doesn't make junk.
Thats really nice!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,435,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
God [sic] doesn't make junk.
I guess it depends on what you consider junk.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-18-2009 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate picture

Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 PM

14,530 posts, read 19,986,484 times
Aw crap, are you trying to force Godwin's law?

Like we needed that crap in a lighthearted discussion.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Well don't ignore the chance that you may want kids in the future. You probably will. The sands of time gather around your feet and one day you wish you wish you could leave something behind, little critters with your last name. Trust me, you will feel like this. I finally decided that I didn't have any unique genes to send forward into the future although I still wish I could. But it's not the worst that can happen to a person.

At least I didn't have to send the little critters to college.

Enjoy your youth. Get back to me when you're 30, or get back to someone like me. Have a good life "son."
Do you know how many times I hear tha crap!? If somebody doesn't ever want kids, that's their life. How can people predict the futurs of others? I'm never was a kid person and I know a few guys my age who feels the same way.

I guess people will never understand childfree people.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:45 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,471,220 times
Quote:
I guess people will never understand childfree people.
Well I totally get you. I am 28 and don't want them. I love my money, freedom, and peace of mind.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkinswife View Post
Well I totally get you. I am 28 and don't want them. I love my money, freedom, and peace of mind.
Same here. I mean how could someone judge another they don't know? They don't know others' lives or history.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:30 AM

428 posts, read 1,177,721 times
Quote:
Same here. I mean how could someone judge another they don't know? They don't know others' lives or history.
I don't think people don't get it, it's just that a lot of 20 year olds have said the same thing only to have changed their minds 10-15 years later. Some people happily remian childfree but many people change their minds. I wouldn't stress about it if I were you.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
I don't think people don't get it, it's just that a lot of 20 year olds have said the same thing only to have changed their minds 10-15 years later. Some people happily remian childfree but many people change their minds. I wouldn't stress about it if I were you.
The city, or the world, is overpopulated as it is. Its sad that most girls are more concerned with children than relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles