U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 07:10 AM

13 posts, read 46,385 times

Advertisements

Hi - My husband will be going to Westlake Village for work and I am going to tag along. As we have never been to California before, is there "must do" places that we should visit? Any places we shouldn't waste our time on? We will be there June 10 thru June 15. Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 AM

26,345 posts, read 84,740,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitraveler View Post
Hi - My husband will be going to Westlake Village for work and I am going to tag along. As we have never been to California before, is there "must do" places that we should visit? Any places we shouldn't waste our time on? We will be there June 10 thru June 15. Thank you for your help!
Are you open to seeing things all over Southern California, or, are you pretty much interesting in things local to the Westlake Village region? If the former, there are tons of existing threads on things to do in Los Angeles/Southern California so I won't mention them - it will be really easy for you to find them, even just searching the internet.

If you are looking for stuff say within 30-60 minutes then:

Zuma Beach (very nice sandy beach, family orientated, clean, close)
Moorpark College EATM (Exotic Animal Training Management)
Stagecoach Museum
Point Mugu Rock
Ventura Pier and the Buenaventura Mission in Ventura
Chumash Interpretive Museum on Lang Ranch Parkway
Malibou Lake Malibou Lake Mountain Club Movie Locations
Spahn Ranch (which isn't there anymore but the concrete foundation may still be, Manson's family historical place up Santa Susana Pass Road)
Sycamore Canyon for Mountain Biking, nine miles from Newbury Park to the beach all down hill, very pretty and scenic
Boney mountain Trail (longer) or the trail up to Boney Peak from Circle X Ranch (easier); Boney Peak is the highest point in the Santa Monica Mountains

Here's the way Westlake used to look before the Hawaiian Land Company developed the Russel Ranch in 1968.

Russell Ranch

Looking Back Through Time (http://www.stagecoachmuseum.org/pb/index.htm - broken link)

(photo not protected by copyright)

Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM

Thank you very much! We are looking to do things within 60-90 minute drives as my husband will have to work during the day and we have only the weekend to really stretch out and sightsee. I appreciate the help!!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 AM

7,141 posts, read 19,538,208 times
Santa Barbara should definititely be within 60-90 minutes from Westlake Village. Also, Malibu is about 20 minutes. Santa Monica is about 45 minutes away and LA/Hollywood/Beverly Hills are about an hour away.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:19 AM

9 posts, read 30,629 times
I would forget the time spent to see the Stage Coach M....unless you are really into the old west. Go to Santa Barbara and have some CHowder at Brophys Sea Food Rest. they have agreat Blackened sea bass. Walk down Mian street in Santa barara if you like antiquing.... only 5 days? Does hubby get time off with you? good luck.
PS if you go toward LA you want toleave around 930 am (no earlier) and come back before 4 pm....also...if you havent been to aplay..."WICKED" is still playing...awesome...see about tickets.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 PM

162 posts, read 525,885 times
This isn't really site seeing -- but if you have time maybe one evening after your husband gets off work, have dinner at The Landing in Westlake, on the lake. Make reservations, and go after 7 for the cooler weather and the setting sun.

Sushi Restaurant - Westlake Village - The Landing Grill Restaurant & Sushi Bar Restaurant In Westlake Village
(it isn't just sushi, check out the menu)

There is also another restaurant at the same location, if you prefer it, though I think the Landing has more seating. Both are pretty much intended for outdoor eating. Dress nice casual for comfortable outdoor dining.

Boccaccios Restaurant - Welcome

Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Thank you all! I think I'm off to a great start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles