Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2022, 07:35 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times

Advertisements

Police protect personal safety, just like healthcare workers. (*Police even work in hospitals sometimes, re prisoners who need healthcare.) It's not like government officer workers, whom the Supreme Court very likely would decide don't need to be vaccinated. I made this thread about LAPD partly because of their special function, knowing that the LA mandate isn't just on them.
*That in some situations might almost force the police to be vaccinated, because what if a hospital only allows vaccinated people in some wings for non-emergencies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 11:28 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The next step will be an allowance for asymptomatic cases just like with healthcare workers.
Despite the hype on social media and other alternative media outlets, asymptomatic exceptions for health care workers were really last ditch efforts if COVID sickened most of the medical professionals.

I honestly would trust the WHO over the CDC on COVID. CDC really needs to hire a California PR firm because who ever is handling their PR (federal employee or outsourced D.C. firm) is not very effective in messaging to the average American.

Americans have relied on the CDC due to nationalism (and by pro-Trumpers during 2020), but even with Biden taking the helm for a year they are still messy with the public messages. Leaks have created even more confusion!

Old 01-20-2022, 11:07 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,787,779 times
This pulmonary and critical care physician's experience with an unvaccinated LAFD patient.

"I recently asked a security guard to accompany me and an ICU nurse to meet the family of an unvaccinated 42-year-old firefighter who refused to accept that COVID-19 caused his respiratory failure. Adamantly refusing intubation despite worsening over weeks, it was only when his oxygen levels precipitously dropped and he complained of excruciating breathlessness that he accepted a breathing tube.

A dozen irate family members and friends now demanded answers. Because of visitation restrictions to limit contagion, they awaited me in lawn chairs outside the hospital. Through my N95 mask, I tried to explain in simple terms what was happening to their loved one. They hectored with incessant questions about test results, accusations of mistreatment and demands for therapies like vitamins, ivermectin and sedatives.

Warning repeatedly “not to lie,” they recorded me with their camera phones..."

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...rnover-burnout

Old 01-21-2022, 05:43 PM

"More than 2,000 employees of the Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department are at home sick or quarantining after testing positive for the coronavirus, officials said Wednesday (1/19).

LAPD Det. Meghan Aguilar said that some 1,134 personnel out of 12,200 are currently at home, including 898 sworn officers. Those numbers are up 42% from the 803 personnel who were out Jan. 11.

On average, an LAPD officer sidelined with a coronavirus infection is missing 20 days of work and a civilian employee is missing 33 days, Aguilar said. Officials noted that average includes some personnel with long-term COVID-19 cases who have spent months recuperating."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ffs-department

Old 01-21-2022, 06:20 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"More than 2,000 employees of the Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department are at home sick or quarantining after testing positive for the coronavirus, officials said Wednesday (1/19).

LAPD Det. Meghan Aguilar said that some 1,134 personnel out of 12,200 are currently at home, including 898 sworn officers. Those numbers are up 42% from the 803 personnel who were out Jan. 11.

On average, an LAPD officer sidelined with a coronavirus infection is missing 20 days of work and a civilian employee is missing 33 days, Aguilar said. Officials noted that average includes some personnel with long-term COVID-19 cases who have spent months recuperating."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ffs-department
A lot of those employees are vaxxed. Guess vaxxes don’t work if they’re taking a month off to recuperate

Old 01-21-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
A lot of those employees are vaxxed. Guess vaxxes don’t work if they’re taking a month off to recuperate
20% weren't. Try again.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times
I assume that the policy in the municipal realm remains 10 days minimum before a return to work.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:24 PM

Quote:
20% weren't. Try again.
Nice try but it’s 43%. I thought all cops and fireman were fired that weren’t vaxxed? That mandate thing never happened? Shocking!!!

Old 01-22-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Nice try but it’s 43%.
Sorry; no numbers anywhere near that for either the LAPD or LAFD. I don't know where you get your information.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry; no numbers anywhere near that for either the LAPD or LAFD. I don't know where you get your information.
From that article. It said as of Jan 15 43% of vaxxed cops are sick. Do you really not know that many vaxxed people are getting sick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles