Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2021, 06:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

It's called history, and that's with a smallpox vaccine that protected longer. Wishful thinking doesn't change reality.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccines-...201556168.html
Masks plus social distancing and ventilation, since masks don't cut transmission much. Government also needs to fund more testing and discourage crowding.

Let's get the cops on board with vaccines first. It's too bad that when deaths and hospitalizations drop, people treat other negative consequences as trivial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 09:00 PM

8,348 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's called history, and that's with a smallpox vaccine that protected longer. Wishful thinking doesn't change reality.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccines-...201556168.html
Masks plus social distancing and ventilation, since masks don't cut transmission much. Government also needs to fund more testing and discourage crowding.

Let's get the cops on board with vaccines first. It's too bad that when deaths and hospitalizations drop, people treat other negative consequences as trivial.
Death and hospitalizations aside, almost everything else is trivial.

Do you honestly think discouraging crowding and telling people to social distance is going to amount to anything at this point?

Old 10-05-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Death and hospitalizations aside, almost everything else is trivial.

Do you honestly think discouraging crowding and telling people to social distance is going to amount to anything at this point?
To people who believe in facts, yes.

Flu-like illness, Long-COVID, etc. are what will happen to huge numbers of people, including cops, who don't take enough precautions.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:20 PM

108 posts, read 110,851 times
Some of you are being intellectually dishonest by comparing the covid vaccines to the previous vaccines. That is like comparing apples to a wild mushroom. These covid vaccines are experimental treatments with no track record for safety, unknown long term effects, and far higher injury and death rate than any of our real vaccines. Even more important, the covid vaccines do not offer much protection if any at all. My sister got her doses and she came down with covid a few weeks ago. She mentioned she felt scammed and didn't see the point in the covid vaccines if they do not work. I've also known several people in California who had very serious and permanent injuries from the covid vaccines. Let's be honest and not label them as the same vaccines like tetanus.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:31 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Flu-like illness, Long-COVID, etc. are what will happen to huge numbers of people, including cops, who don't take enough precautions.
What about the police officers that will be injured by the vaccine?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...115956979.html

"Denver officer says he lost ability to walk after being forced to take COVID vaccine"

Old 10-05-2021, 11:04 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
So, let them. If by your reckoning their choices are foolish, then they're going to reap the rewards of their foolishness. Why does this bother you?

Old 10-05-2021, 11:13 PM

Impact on economy, health care costs, etc. If I had kids or dumb adult relatives, I'd be upset if it happened to them.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanWilliams33 View Post
Some of you are being intellectually dishonest by comparing the covid vaccines to the previous vaccines. That is like comparing apples to a wild mushroom. These covid vaccines are experimental treatments with no track record for safety, unknown long term effects, and far higher injury and death rate than any of our real vaccines. Even more important, the covid vaccines do not offer much protection if any at all. My sister got her doses and she came down with covid a few weeks ago. She mentioned she felt scammed and didn't see the point in the covid vaccines if they do not work. I've also known several people in California who had very serious and permanent injuries from the covid vaccines. Let's be honest and not label them as the same vaccines like tetanus.
You figure it out.

But they don't work as well as people thought a few months ago, which is maybe a reason behind government mandates. Trying to squeeze every bit of juice out of things as possible, since an unprotected population that resists lockdown would be worse.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:11 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Quote:
Impact on economy, health care costs, etc. If I had kids or dumb adult relatives, I'd be upset if it happened to them.
You’re concerned about the impact on the economy and health care costs due to police officers not receiving the covid shot? Umm, okay.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:27 AM

8,348 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
To people who believe in facts, yes.

The people who believe in facts? Thats a very black and white statement for a situation that is anything but black and white.

Being vaccinated reduces your chance of long Covid. The number one factor for risk of long Covid is being hospitalized with Covid in the first place. That aside, a study out of the UK showed that being vaccinated reduced chances for long Covid by a factor of 5.

The best way to protect yourself is the vaccine. If people reject that protection, oh well. I frankly do not care if people get flu like symptoms for a week so long as they can recover. I would also expect no one to care if I got sick and recovered fine. This idea that we have to protect people from mild illness needs to go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles