Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 02:50 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m challenging your post that the unvaccinated are the primary cause of the continued spread of Covid. I stated you have no evidence of that. You can dismiss the sources I have provided due to them being alternate news, but the claims are true.
Why are your alternative news sources about this "true"?

https://apnews.com/article/science-h...26d2a05df7f68b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 03:07 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The federal government provides funding to pay for employees who are in quarantine due to covid exposure:
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/ffcra

Quarantine orders Los Angeles County
In Los Angeles County, if you have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 you are required to:
Quarantine - stay home and separate yourself from others (unless you are exempt)
Monitor your health for 14 days
Follow the Health Officer Quarantine Order along with the steps below
LAC | DPH | COVID-19 Quarantine

Do you really think I would make this up and post it here? What in the world made you think that any employee is allowed to return to work without quarantine after exposure to Covid?

And I don't project, but I do have a question for you...How's the weather in Hawaii this time of year?
The federal funding expired back in December.

Is there anything in the Los Angeles county quarantine mandates that employers are required to pay the salaries of their employees who have been exposed to covid? Does the county or state provide the employees salary?

Now, I ask again, can you provide proof that LAPD cops are refusing vaccination so they can get a paid vacation if exposed to covid?

Secondly, because you’re vaccinated doesn’t mean you cannot be infected with Covid and shed covid onto others. There is no scientific data that backs that up.

Because you were exposed to covid doesn’t mean you are required to quarantine for 14 days. I am recently infected with Covid and the people I work with were in contact with me, but none are required to quarantine. Exposure to covid is a consecutive 15 minutes of being less than 6 feet apart with an infected individual. Only then is a person required to quarantine. So our daughter who isn’t vaccinated has to stay home from school for five days and receive a negative covid test within that fifth day. Then she can return back to school. It is true, being that my wife is vaccinated, she is allowed to return to school (she’s a teacher). Makes no sense because I was most likely infected by her. She and our daughter had symptoms before I did, but I’m the only one who got tested. Because you are vaccinated, you can still get infected and you can still shed the virus. That’s a fact. I know it’s a fact because I’m vaccinated and I received a positive covid test.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:07 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBound19 View Post
The amount of uneducated people in this thread is unbelievable. The ONLY thing the vaccine does is lower symptoms, IF that. It also potentially kills you, damages you permanently, or does not prevent your death at all.

If you are vaccinated, I'm not sure why you care about people who are not? It makes absolutely NO difference for you. Natural immunity is 20x + more effective than the vaccine.

The funniest thing on this planet right now are the uneducated people who think vaccinated people are "safe" people to dine indoors at their establishment when in reality, vaccinated people are more likely to be spreading the virus without even knowing it.

I'm not surprised California is one of the worst states in the country, if not the worst. Average IQ is on par with Mississippi. Congratulations.
BINGO!!!! We have a winner.

The so-called "vaccine" does nothing....nothing!....to stop or even slow the spread.

Excellent post - thank you! Except that it's not funny....it's tragic that soooooo many have gobbled the lies without question.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Why are your alternative news sources about this "true"?

https://apnews.com/article/science-h...26d2a05df7f68b
I’m not challenging the efficacy of the vaccine. I’m vaccinated. I just tested positive for covid and had mild symptoms. Did the vaccine prevent me from being hospitalized, I have no idea, but what I do know is, I wasn’t. But because you are vaccinated doesn’t prevent infection and doesn’t prevent you from shedding the virus. That is why there is no articulable reason for any covid vaccine mandate. One size doesn’t fit all with the covid jab. Some people have natural immunity.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
...because you’re vaccinated doesn’t mean you cannot be infected with Covid and shed covid onto others. There is no scientific data that backs that up.
I don't believe that anyone on this thread ever disputed this.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
you're right but how many Police Departments in California will be able to escape scrutiny if they don't mandate vaccines for their first responders (Police & Fire)
Most? Very few police departments in California are anywhere near LAPD's size and therefore don't get much scrutiny. I think LAPD is the one closest to implementing mandatory vaccination for police and San Diego has it in the works. Maybe lawsuits could slightly delay them. I think Los Angeles could lose a few percentage points of its police to other parts of Southern California (or different regions or fields of work altogether, since some people always are thinking of leaving anyway). Enough people want to join the LAPD that it shouldn't be a problem except possibly in stations with very high percentages of anti-vaxxers. If I were LAPD, I'd start transferring or terminating for other reasons police now to avoid a wave of exits when the compliance date arrives.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
The point of my posting a link of the NPR article is to prove to the poster who questioned my source in regards to the CDC not reporting breakthrough cases.
Who ever questioned that there are not breakthrough cases? People are questioning your sources for "data."

Old 09-19-2021, 03:16 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
The federal funding expired back in December.

Is there anything in the Los Angeles county quarantine mandates that employers are required to pay the salaries of their employees who have been exposed to covid? Does the county or state provide the employees salary?

Now, I ask again, can you provide proof that LAPD cops are refusing vaccination so they can get a paid vacation if exposed to covid?

Secondly, because you’re vaccinated doesn’t mean you cannot be infected with Covid and shed covid onto others. There is no scientific data that backs that up.

Because you were exposed to covid doesn’t mean you are required to quarantine for 14 days. I am recently infected with Covid and the people I work with were in contact with me, but none are required to quarantine. Exposure to covid is a consecutive 15 minutes of being less than 6 feet apart with an infected individual. Only then is a person required to quarantine. So our daughter who isn’t vaccinated has to stay home from school for five days and receive a negative covid test within that fifth day. Then she can return back to school. It is true, being that my wife is vaccinated, she is allowed to return to school (she’s a teacher). Makes no sense because I was most likely infected by her. She and our daughter had symptoms before I did, but I’m the only one who got tested. Because you are vaccinated, you can still get infected and you can still shed the virus. That’s a fact. I know it’s a fact because I’m vaccinated and I received a positive covid test.
The FFCRA was extended https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/ff...er-30-4872934/

Just stop the nonsense now, please. I'm not interested in personal anecdotes.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't believe that anyone on this thread ever disputed this.
No, but you claimed that the predominant spread of covid is from the unvaccinated. There is no evidence of that. Even the CDC article you posted doesn’t make such a claim. The most this article states is

“ However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.”

Old 09-19-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
The FFCRA was extended https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/ff...er-30-4872934/

Just stop the nonsense now, please. I'm not interested in personal anecdotes.
That’s funny because I’m infected with Covid and have to be out of work and I’m not entitled to a dime. Besides, the employer has to opt in. Also, I was responding to the link you provided in regards to the federal funding that expired in December.

You made a preposterous claim that LAPD cops are refusing the covid jab to bet paid time off if exposed to Covid. You stop! Talk about anecdotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles