Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2021, 04:26 PM

108 posts, read 110,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I've heard that about 100 times in my lifetime and it ain't happened yet so I'm not going to get my go bag out quite yet
We haven't seen anything like this since WW2. The last time we had government trying to force medical experimentation on people, we saw what happened. The entire economy is being held up (barely) by stimulus the government buying its own debt. The mother of all bubbles is about to pop and when it does, it won't be anything like 2008. I wish I were wrong, but the warning signs are all around and clear as mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 04:40 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
As I stated, when you push for a “defund the police” mantra, you’re inviting more crime in that area. I don’t know about Sac county or where that even is. I’m guessing it if you never seen a cop car in that entire county in your five years of living there except for them getting pizza or a donut? I imagine this county is quite privileged?Thank your lucky stars you live in a neighborhood that doesn’t require much of a police presence. I worked in a neighborhood that did. I couldn’t tell you the misery I saw with my own eyes. So it’s in your opinion police officers do as little as possible? What do you do for a living?
I'm retired.

Old 10-16-2021, 04:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanWilliams33 View Post
We haven't seen anything like this since WW2. The last time we had government trying to force medical experimentation on people, we saw what happened. The entire economy is being held up (barely) by stimulus the government buying its own debt. The mother of all bubbles is about to pop and when it does, it won't be anything like 2008. I wish I were wrong, but the warning signs are all around and clear as mud.
No one is doing forced medical experiments, take a deep breath or go for a walk.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:29 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Taking the Pfizer vaccination is not medical experimentation in the slightest. It is fully approved.

I heard today on the news that the head of the FOP in Chicago is telling his members to defy Chicago City's order to vaccinate. A court ruling now exists preventing him from making such statements. Personally, I hope they lock him up in jail along with the other criminals in Chicago.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:36 PM

108 posts, read 110,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Taking the Pfizer vaccination is not medical experimentation in the slightest. It is fully approved.

I heard today on the news that the head of the FOP in Chicago is telling his members to defy Chicago City's order to vaccinate. A court ruling now exists preventing him from making such statements. Personally, I hope they lock him up in jail along with the other criminals in Chicago.
They "fully approved" it because of pressure from big pharma (to make billions). Gov is on the payroll of big pharma. It was approved in less than a year (very, very dangerous).

Are you aware that the FDA has "approved" many drugs that were later recalled due to causing deaths and health issues? Approval means nothing if it's not following real science, which these vaccines are sadly not doing.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Conspiracy theories not welcome here. Vaccines aren't even medication, they are more basic than that and almost never have proven dangerous to users and never long after usage.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:55 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,133 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-time...211519554.html

Old 10-16-2021, 09:09 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
They "fully approved" it because of pressure from big pharma (to make billions). Gov is on the payroll of big pharma. It was approved in less than a year (very, very dangerous).

Are you aware that the FDA has "approved" many drugs that were later recalled due to causing deaths and health issues? Approval means nothing if it's not following real science, which these vaccines are sadly not doing.
I can say "The Moon is made of green cheese" and that statement would have every bit as much credibility as the nonsense you just spouted.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:56 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I said weeks ago I wouldn't take such a harsh approach with a good vaccination rate like that, but maybe it wasn't as good before the mandate was talked up.

Perhaps that's true. Good point. If I were to guess though, I'd say the mandate failed to move the needle substantially enough to be called a success. People's minds were made up about the vaccine before they were even a thing.

Quote:
Regardless, it shows legal challenges are unlikely to succeed. Government, like a private company, can require behaviors that employees don't have a say in.
Totally disagree there. Newsom and the state just managed to get a judge to issue a temporary injunction for the prison guard vaccine mandate, against his/their own state orders. The courts don't (or shouldn't) enjoin cases that aren't capable of succeeding. The state is taking the position that prison staff doesn't need to be vaccinated since the prison population is adequately vaccinated themselves. Does that argument sound familiar? Only in California would two diametrically opposed strategies be given the same oxygen, but with different expectations regarding the results.

A lot of this is uncharted waters and the legal challenges are in their infancy. This is the problem with forcing a controversial issue while people are whipped up into a frenzy. A more measured approach would avoid a lot of litigation.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:02 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I admit I didn't read every page but all I saw was a vague claim of "allergies and other illnesses"? I have allergies the vaccine didn't make them better or worse...Anyhoo they lost so let's move on

Remember, nobody loses anything until all appeals are exhausted and I doubt this won't apply in the Washington state employees' case too. It's troubling that internal documents show that some state agencies were directed to outright dismiss any religious exemptions and demand a burdensome amount of private information to consider medical ones.

There's better ways to encourage compliance; Honey, not vinegar... yadda-yadda. The no compromise, gun-to-the-head approach only manages to stir the pot even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles