Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,507,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
It's for a hobby. No, the hobby isn't drinking. I wouldn't waste 190 spirit on drinks when I can buy any number of spirits good for mixing drinks. Besides, I prefer wine over cocktails.

I already tried 2 pharmacies and they didn't have it. I think they used to sell it but not now.

Does anybody know any chemical supply stores? Preferably in the San Fernando Valley, or adjacent like Santa Monica, or well I guess I'll go downtown if I have to.

Thanks
Tri-ess Sciences.

They are a leading retail chemical & Lab equipment supply store for the valley. If they don't have it, they should be able to order it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 06:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Thanks Gregg! I'll check it out tomorrow. I remembered from a few years back that I had located a chem supply in the valley, but last week I couldn't locate it. That sounds like the name I remember. (I tried to hit the reputation button but the forum says I've already given it to you too often.)

Everclear in California

I discovered that yes you can buy Everclear in California, but California limits the proof of liquor sold in this state to 151 proof, so CA Everclear is 151 proof not 190 proof. Other states do not have that prohibition so you can buy it freely at the higher proof. Thanks again to the wonderful state of Nannyfornia.

My science experiment requires 190 proof.

Regards,
Greg

Old 05-18-2008, 06:27 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Everclear in California

I discovered that yes you can buy Everclear in California, but California limits the proof of liquor sold in this state to 151 proof, so CA Everclear is 151 proof not 190 proof. Other states do not have that prohibition so you can buy it freely at the higher proof. Thanks again to the wonderful state of Nannyfornia.

My science experiment requires 190 proof.

Regards,
Greg
I bought it last at Stateline Nevada...

Old 05-18-2008, 08:21 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,507,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I bought it last at Stateline Nevada...
I think he is looking more for reagent grade chemicals.

A little off topic with regards to the topic...
California has tight laws on chemicals because of abuse of those chemicals by both businesses and individuals. Govt Monitoring of the sale, use, and disposal will save alot of money/taxes for avoidable expenses down the road in many ways. It will also ensure proper taxation for their use.

Last edited by greggd; 05-18-2008 at 08:32 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 08:23 PM

I'm looking for cosmetic grade, okay to apply to your skin. I think in most cases this would be equal to reagent grade. I need 95 percent pure and the usual deal is that most of the 5% is water.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
Tri-ess Sciences.
Well this is rather sad:

Tri-Ess Sciences, Scientific Supply, Retail Chemicals, Special Effects, Special Make-up Effects

Ira has passed. The company is gone.

It's interesting that all the forwards are for my industry of interest: soapmaking. Any soapers on CD, please PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles