U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 06:37 AM

3 posts, read 13,199 times

Advertisements

Hello:

My wife and I are moving back to LA and are looking at real estate in Encino and Sherman Oaks. My office is in Centruy City and I am looking for insight into how long the commute time would be during regular commute hours as well as off hours - freeway route vs side street routes - etc.

After looking through this forum, we've seen advice regarding other areas to live. We are vetting those out, but for this post, really trying to get a sense of commute times from Encino to Century City.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM

2,573 posts, read 7,873,802 times
there are responses in this thread that cover your issue:

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...on-t-know.html

Old 05-18-2008, 02:05 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,314,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgypsy777 View Post
Hello:

My wife and I are moving back to LA and are looking at real estate in Encino and Sherman Oaks. My office is in Centruy City and I am looking for insight into how long the commute time would be during regular commute hours as well as off hours - freeway route vs side street routes - etc.

After looking through this forum, we've seen advice regarding other areas to live. We are vetting those out, but for this post, really trying to get a sense of commute times from Encino to Century City.

Thanks!
The best options for commute are:

Beverly Glen - could take about 30-45 minutes
405 fwy - could also take 30-45 minutes
Sepulveda - 30-45 minutes

Some people may say coldwater canyon but it will take you too far out of your way from CC so I would not advise that.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
The best options for commute are:

Beverly Glen - could take about 30-45 minutes
405 fwy - could also take 30-45 minutes
Sepulveda - 30-45 minutes

Some people may say coldwater canyon but it will take you too far out of your way from CC so I would not advise that.
wouldn't that depend upon whether one is closer to beverly glen or coldwater on the valley side? if farther east (sherman oaks on the studio city end), i would think that dropping down through beverly hills to century city once on the other side would be easier than the crawl along ventura to beverly glen. does that make sense?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:59 PM

5,612 posts, read 13,800,305 times
I don't normally recommend public transportation, but the commuter lines are separate from the normal bus lines. There is a commuter bus (541, I think) that goes from Encino to Century City. Check metro.net | Transit Services and Information for Los Angeles County for the schedule, costs, etc.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:01 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,314,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
wouldn't that depend upon whether one is closer to beverly glen or coldwater on the valley side?
You are right, it would. But the OP said he would be commuting from Encino so thats what I based my post on. If in Encino, Coldwater Canyon would be a bit too far in the other direction. Would add a few miles to his commute and given what gas prices are and what kind of car he drives, it could very well mean an extra gallon of gas per day (if drives an SUV) round trip.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You are right, it would. But the OP said he would be commuting from Encino so thats what I based my post on. If in Encino, Coldwater Canyon would be a bit too far in the other direction. Would add a few miles to his commute and given what gas prices are and what kind of car he drives, it could very well mean an extra gallon of gas per day (if drives an SUV) round trip.
the OP asked about sherman oaks, as well. however, i tend not to think beyond coldwater, in any event. in fact, for many years i didn't know that beverly glen offered access to the valley, and now i often forget.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM

3 posts, read 13,199 times
Guys. Thank you so much. This helps a ton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles