U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 05:38 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,718,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
I hope you're not going because you're some kid that watches all these gang movies and now you want to visit some of the infamous hoods! If you don't have any constructive reason to be there, don't go!! Nickerson is home to the Bounty Hunter Bloods (is that the real reason you're going???) I hear they're not too friendly to outsiders coming into their projects.
Who are LA's most dangerous gang along with MS13. Other gangs beat up their friends - the Bounty Hunters KILL their friends. (Look up my "Worried about the wrong gangs?" thread). Never mind people they don't know. They're basically organized psychopaths, more so than any other gang in L.A.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM

14,527 posts, read 16,144,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo92 View Post
Projects In watts are they really dangerous? Would it be dangerous if a tourist ended up getting lost there?
Are you trying to be funny? Primary reasons for visiting there:

(1) I'm looking for drugs.

(2) I'm looking for a prostitute.

(3) I live there because I can't afford better.

Visit Watts Towers during the daytime and then get the hell out.

Don't go looking for trouble or trouble will find you!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 20,713 times
Too many exaggerations. If you don't look like a gang member or are wondering around sticking out like some sore thumb or driving or walking around obvious gang territory or gang members you should have no problem.

I used to hang around just outside the Imperial Courts before I even knew they were projects and had a notorious reputation. Never had a problem.

Not to say that once the sun goes down it would be smart to stick around though. But that pretty much can be said for a lot of LA really.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,718,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartLA View Post
Too many exaggerations. If you don't look like a gang member or are wondering around sticking out like some sore thumb or driving or walking around obvious gang territory or gang members you should have no problem.
It depends upon the gang in question and area in question. Some gangs are far more dangerous than others. Gangs in L.A. county range from relatively harmless nuisances to organized terrorist groups. According to Bratton 20% of all the gangs in L.A. commit 80% of the gang crime. The Bounty Hunters would fall into that 20%.

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...ong-gangs.html

Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 AM

208 posts, read 916,908 times
If you are really curious to visit the projects of LA, or very bad areas, try using Google Maps "street view" feature.

It's like driving through...without having to drive through.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,128,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayTodd View Post
If you are really curious to visit the projects of LA, or very bad areas, try using Google Maps "street view" feature.

It's like driving through...without having to drive through.
I agree 100%

Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 13,899 times
I dont understand all the drama. Born and raised in those projects. Live in Seattle now. if you want to go in, just go. Its not like somethings going to happen to you. Yall trippin and ima tell you, the projects look a lot better than they did back in the day!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 AM

5,031 posts, read 11,501,220 times
The sad reality is that the public housing projects are more dangerous to black & hispanic youth than anybody else. Gang rivalries are deadly & so absurd.

I worked for the juvenile probation dept & visited families in Nickerson Gardens & many other projects & never encountered a problem as an anglo. In-fact I was often helped out to find apartments by the citizens. Mostly women social workers work at night providing therapy & casework to the citizens in our barrios all over LA. When was the last time anyone heard of social workers being killed or raped in a project?

There are a lot of robberies in these neighborhoods because most folks are poor. Gangs are the result of no jobs or education.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:40 PM

115 posts, read 338,202 times
I recently took a trip down to Nickerson gardens and nothing happened they were really nice. They let me eat at there BBQ

Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM

9 posts, read 84,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo92 View Post
I recently took a trip down to Nickerson gardens and nothing happened they were really nice. They let me eat at there BBQ
Lol, seriously, or are you trolling now ?
Not saying that people there aren't nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or