Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 04:32 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

MSNBC talks about Jan 6th all day and never mentions any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 04:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
MSNBC talks about Jan 6th all day and never mentions any of this.
You must be the only person I'm aware of that actually watches MSNBC. Your taste in "news" is...interesting.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:50 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You must be the only person I'm aware of that actually watches MSNBC. Your taste in "news" is...interesting.
You gotta watch different points of view. I probably watch FOX mostly but I try to watch them all on and off.

Fox thinks vaccine mandates are the end all and MSNBC thinks Oathkeepers are hiding under their beds.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You gotta watch different points of view. I probably watch FOX mostly but I try to watch them all on and off.
So then you don't actually know what MSNBC is talking about most of the time. Gotcha. That's about the fastest tap dance I've seen on POC.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:53 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
They're containers. Basically truck trailers that railroads deliver to and from the ports. They're offloaded and then picked up by trucks for delivery. And it makes a lot of sense for railroads and trucking companies, too as it takes a lot of trucks off the highways and interstates. Here's a container train in Georgia

Train On Wells Viaduct by Joe the Photog, on Flickr
Great post.

Blake. Things come to the US in GIANT container ships about the size of an aircraft carrier.

From there they are broken down to mostly rail service to distribute about the country.

<<For example, pull up a map and look at trying to get a cargo container of widgets from China to Baltimore or Chicago.>>

After the rail service there is truck service which is generally you ubiquitous 18-wheeler.

For the LOCAL service there is the local lighter trucks like UPS etc.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:29 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
That's not his point. White collar crimes are probably larger in scale and generally less violent so there's less publicity.
If you aren't directly exposed to it like you are to a mugging, or having a package stolen from your porch, you're less likely to be outraged by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Robber barons - ever heard of them? Didn't think so. Carry on.

That's not what this thread is about. We are not talking about white collar crimes here. I have never defended those criminals either. If you want to talk about white collar criminals, you are more than welcome to make a thread and talk about it all you want. I would probably contribute to such a thread. But it has little/nothing to do with what this thread is about. You are only trying to distract from what is going on, or perhaps hijack this thread outright.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:32 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Jesse James would be proud!

Old 01-14-2022, 05:48 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Welp, California voted for it.

They can call it ongoing reparations.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:55 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Jesse James would be proud!

I doubt it. He was known for targeting the rich and avoided stealing from the poor.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:35 PM

1,134 posts, read 404,466 times
I liked that one part of the Union Pacific letter sent to Los Angeles DA George Gascon. They highlighted it tonight on Los Angeles ABC Eyewitness News. Someone needs to forward it to AOC. She says there's NO connection between progressive law enforcement policies and the rise in crime. Really AOC?

Quote:
UP and our goods movement partners strongly urge you to reconsider the policies detailed in Special Directive 20-07. While we understand the well-intended social justice goals of the policy, we need our justice system to support our partnership efforts with local law enforcement, hold these criminals accountable, and most important, help protect our employees and the critical local and national rail network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles