U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 01:07 AM

164 posts, read 290,627 times

Advertisements

Protest against media bias and count the votes in Michigan and Florida

When

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 12:45 PM - 3:30 PM
Where

Near CNN studios
6430 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
General Area: sunset & Argyle Ave
Description

On May 31, the DNC will be having a meeting to try and seat the votes of Michigan and Florida. We will let them know that we want every vote counted in this election. If the votes in those two states are counted then Hillary can win the popular vote. Also we are protesting against media bias against hillary especially against MSNBC and sexism. Protest will be going on nation wide! and Californians will not be counted out. Bring signs and you can make your own signs that say things like stop media bias, count the votes, ext. Bring as many people and tell as many people as you can. get out the effort. DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE. And don't let the media tell you its over cause its not. She can still win. TO CONTACT PLEASE EMAIL ME AT rxr0873@yahoo.com

Here is a example of sexism in the media and bias, trust me this isnt half of it
YouTube - Hillary Clinton: Mad As Hell/*****

Old 05-20-2008, 07:23 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,800,305 times
It is very over. And if you are going to count Michigan and Florida, then he elections have to be re-done because the Obama supporters in those states did not have the opportunity to vote for him. Did it ever occur to you that sexism isn't playing a role in Clinton's loss but the fact that she's unreliable (the Bosnia shooting), uses fear and frustration to support unrealistic policies (if the gas tax is abolished do you really think that the oil companies will pass on the savings?), and has no clear plan to accomplish any goal (except of course garnishing my already low wages to force me have health care). At first I was strongly supporting Clinton because I loved my life when her husband was in office, but the more I learned and read the more I became an Obama supporter. Sexism has nothing to do with why she is losing this race.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 AM

1,196 posts, read 4,404,167 times
Its a lose/lose situation. If you vote for Clinton you're racist, and if you vote for Obama you're sexist. Its ridiculous, Clinton didn't lose because of sexism, it's because people like Obama better.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 11,894 times
There is no sexism...PLEASE! She lost the election because of that fool husband of hers who looks and acts like a major alcoholic. He went around putting his foot in his mouth everywhere he went. Frankly, I think he sabotaged his own wife's campaign, but that is another story. The man is a pompous, arrogant ass who was an impeached president and a disbarred lawyer. Everyone tries to make out George W. as this horrible creature, let me tell you folks, the Clintons are slime with a capital "S". We do not need another four years of BlowJob Billy Clinton in the White House. He has already done enough to this country, not for it.

And don't bother telling me how awful Bush is. The liberals and the media sabotaged him, too.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 AM

1,753 posts, read 6,213,430 times
I love this primary season. It's amazing watching the Democratic Party screw things up yet again. Think about it. One can only win in states that have a large older women vote and predominantly poor, working-class white men. The other can only win in states with large population of African Americans and 20-somethings.

I'll give Obama credit as the better cross-over candidate and not screaming "Clinton can't win the black vote." On the other hand, Hill'ry is screaming "He can't win the white vote and I can." Bush has never been able to live down the fact that he didn't win the popular vote the last time around. And 'crats have had a field day with that for years. Now, Hill'ry's whining that she should win because she has the popular vote and Obama shouldn't win because the super delegates don't represent the people. They made this mess themselves when the party decided to "punish" Michigan and Florida. Now they have to back peddle and change their own rules.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 4,404,167 times
Bill Clinton was a MUCH better president than Bush. Look at the country before and after each one was elected.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:07 PM

6,294 posts, read 15,771,894 times
This thread has been closed, as it has no place in the Los Angeles forum. If you'd like to join the City-Data discussions already in progress, please go to the 2008 presidential election forum:

2008 Presidential Election Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or