Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 06:12 PM

272 posts, read 266,078 times

Advertisements

Those sound like hotels that airlines put you up in when your flight is cancelled. You might want to expand your search to include some other locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 08:28 PM

823 posts, read 1,047,108 times
Agreed, in SM and MDR it'll be a bit more like starting at $120, but there are still reasonable options eg a studio in MDR complex for $110 with a pool and security.

You absolutely have to be careful as a woman renting a place, but it's possible to do it. Do your research - maybe rent only from other women, look at the reviews, etc. Plenty of women do it, I've done it.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:20 PM

4,526 posts, read 5,320,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly_melly_belly View Post
I absolutely will. I haven't been able to check but I am checking now. Will be back to comment after work, if that's ok with you.
Great. Looking forward to your participation in this thread you started. We really do need more info from you in order to provide you with the best recommendations. Right now, all we have to go on is your 7 post history that shows you traveled alone in the past (2014), became a single mom in 2016 (this makes your kid 7-8 years old now right), and you are once again looking to travel alone. Im sure your 7-8 year old would have loved to visit as well to go to Disneyland or Magic Mountain. But I guess with school being in session and Covid going on, I understand a bit why you are willing to travel and take vacation without the kid. Why no travel with girlfriends?

Again, as I mentioned in an earlier post, what are the destinations/attractions you are most interested in seeing during your visit here to Los Angeles? Letting everyone know that, and your budget will help you get really good recommendations. Im also very curious as to your choices of locations you listed of where to stay (El Segundo Blvd, Century blvd., Hewitt, etc.). None of those areas are prime destination or desired hotel areas where people stay when visiting Los Angeles. What SPECIFIC hotels on those streets are you referring too?

Old 02-18-2022, 06:45 AM

700 posts, read 438,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Great. Looking forward to your participation in this thread you started. We really do need more info from you in order to provide you with the best recommendations. Right now, all we have to go on is your 7 post history that shows you traveled alone in the past (2014), became a single mom in 2016 (this makes your kid 7-8 years old now right), and you are once again looking to travel alone. Im sure your 7-8 year old would have loved to visit as well to go to Disneyland or Magic Mountain. But I guess with school being in session and Covid going on, I understand a bit why you are willing to travel and take vacation without the kid. Why no travel with girlfriends?

Again, as I mentioned in an earlier post, what are the destinations/attractions you are most interested in seeing during your visit here to Los Angeles? Letting everyone know that, and your budget will help you get really good recommendations. Im also very curious as to your choices of locations you listed of where to stay (El Segundo Blvd, Century blvd., Hewitt, etc.). None of those areas are prime destination or desired hotel areas where people stay when visiting Los Angeles. What SPECIFIC hotels on those streets are you referring too?
We'll put.

The north/south/east/west descriptors don't mean much, you should be thinking about what attractions you want to see and look for hotels accordingly. The 2 areas you actually did list are sketch.

Maybe you will come back with better info.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:07 AM

700 posts, read 438,742 times
Quote:
I absolutely will. I haven't been able to check but I am checking now. Will be back to comment after work, if that's ok with you. Im getting alot of good advice and taking notes. Don't judge a book by its' cover.
Hey OP, what do you think of the suggestions so far? Any other info to share?

Old 02-20-2022, 01:42 PM

22 posts, read 12,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
What do you enjoy doing? How long will you be in the area?

Assuming you'll have a car?
Yes, I'll have a car. I am mostly interested in anything related to the film industry. I want to see movie sets, get involved in groups, even find a job if possible. I will only be there for a week though. I'm wanting to go to Hollywood but can't afford to get a room there so just want to be close but safe.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:43 PM

I'll have to get back on this one. I found them on booking.com i think.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Try the Cecil Hotel - I hear it's a real splash.
Not sure if this is a joke. I googled it and death came up.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:46 PM

13,564 posts, read 15,495,172 times
Quote:
Yes, I'll have a car. I am mostly interested in anything related to the film industry. I want to see movie sets, get involved in groups, even find a job if possible. I will only be there for a week though. I'm wanting to go to Hollywood but can't afford to get a room there so just want to be close but safe.
They do films out in the valley, too. You know, the other kind.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
What exactly are your plans for your visit? I ask because usually visit LA with specific ideas in mind of what they want to do/see, and plan their hotel stays around that. With all of the hotels and places to see, things to do in Los Angeles, how did you come up with those specific three areas listed above? What specific hotels are you referring to?
I'll have to find where I put the hotel names. I got them on booking, I think. It was strictly budget related. I'm looking for under $100/night but up to $115.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles