U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:26 AM

12,977 posts, read 30,319,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There are quite a few Russians in the Glendale area and you can find Russian items in the grocery stores.
LOL. Finding Russian items in the stores does not mean there are russians in the area. OMFG!!!

Earlier poster was correct with it being a LOT of Russians in the eastern most part of West Hollywood. Along Santa Monica east of Fairfax all the way to LaBrea. Plummer Park between Santa Monica and (I think) Fountain is also called Russian Park because EVERYONE there is Russian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 AM

5 posts, read 52,746 times
Yeah I remeber when we were walking around looking at the different stores and shops there was a car wash called Madison car wash. It looks like(google maps) Cafe Europe closed down since then. That's a nice little neighborhood. Everytime I go to LA the people have always treated us great.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM

6,416 posts, read 10,985,032 times
I also hear there are tons of Russians east of Finland and west of Bering Sea...

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM

79 posts, read 188,924 times
The americas next top smartest model, Andre, he lives in West hollywood, in some kinda cage or something, because he lost to VJ i guess,

Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,614,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmTX2LA View Post
Man LA has EVERYTHING! I wish I could get my Russian wife to move out there but she says that last year when we went for vacation the smog and traffic gave her too much of a headache. I told her we could always stock up on Advil! I'll just to stick to vacations out in SOCAL.
Wow, people want to voluntarily chose lifestyle that forces them to depend on medications... Wow.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Moderator cut: english only please

Yes, East Hollywood, North of Santa Monica blvd to Hollywood blvd, mostly East of Fairfax, and West of Highland, but some East of Highland and all the way to Western too... and yes some in NoHo too, in the area close to Armenian store Black Jack market, especially, also close to Russian stores that are near Valley Village (Coldwater, Laurel Cyn, Whitesett X Magnolia to Sherman Way area), but NoHo isn't as "Russian" as East Hollywood. There're a lot of Armenian food stores in NoHo, and mostly Russian/Jewish in East Hollywood.

Last edited by Count David; 04-07-2012 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: not in English

Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Finding Russian items in the stores does not mean there are russians in the area. OMFG!!!
Yep, it does mean that. I lived and traveled all over US, and this is how I know there's fellow Russian population in the area. Russian food items only appear in stores due to requests from local Russian population and said population often prefers to live close to the stores that carry such items.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:48 PM

11 posts, read 13,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
I work with a few Russian women. They handle the smog and traffic just fine. :-)
hey, my name is Marina, i recently came to USA i currently live in Orlando, but would really like to move to LA - I am russian - Ukrainian..... but i don't know anyone there.....you said you work with a few russian ladies, is there a way any of them could give me an advice is there a russian based community that could help with a job if i moved, or maybe they know a place where i could work....or could give me any helpful information on anything.....back home i studies languages... - English , but i do have basic computer knowledge and russian language - so maybe that could help....
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There are quite a few Russians in the Glendale area and you can find Russian items in the grocery stores.
hey, my name is Marina, i am russian - ukrainian.... i live in Orlando, but really looking forward to moving to LA, but i don't know anyone over there. Do you know of any russian community that could help me out with any information about the job possibilities and general information about life and options...
thank you.

MOD NOTE: posts merged

hey, my name is Marina, i am really wanting to move to LA from Orlando, you said your friend is russian - could you ask her maybe she knows somewhere i could turn to for help and information, some kind of russian community to find a job, friends and potentially move to LA in the future ))) thank you.

Last edited by Count David; 04-07-2012 at 02:30 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,398,432 times
Quote:
Man LA has EVERYTHING! I wish I could get my Russian wife to move out there but she says that last year when we went for vacation the smog and traffic gave her too much of a headache. I told her we could always stock up on Advil! I'll just to stick to vacations out in SOCAL.
I think the smog here is overplayed. They say the indians called this place "the land with the brown smoke" or something like that. Not saying it aint smoggy though...she can handle it. Live where you work and you'll never really have to deal with the traffic.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,887,512 times
Quote:
What area of LA is considered to be the Russian community? I beleive it was somewhere on Santa Monica? Anyone have pics or info on what the neighborhoods are like? Are there any Russians on this board?
the eastside of West Hollywood, heaviily east of fairfax and south of sta monica bl/east of crescent heights and sprinkled throughout the rest of WEho in any Free or reduced cost government rental that they can get their hands on.

Last edited by Count David; 01-07-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles