U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 05:00 PM

27 posts, read 110,370 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if Lemon road and La Puente Road are in a good area in walnut?

Thank You,
TR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM

162 posts, read 526,051 times
tiana, you are making me break out my Thomas Guide! (if you don't have one, get one, Amazon has them).

Can you give a specific street name near that intersection? Generally, the further away from Valley Blvd., the better. The area between Lemon/Amar/Grand/La Puente is pretty nice I think. East is better and north is better, generally in this area. There's an area just east of Grand Ave. that is really nice -- now that is close-ish to Valley Blvd. but that area is still good. There's a development there called Snow Creek (I think) that is really nice. I'm going from memory again (went to Mt. San Antonio College and Cal Poly many moons ago).

If you wouldn't mind, either in post or in DM, giving some idea of your price point? I think it would help people maybe direct you to good places near places you might already be looking.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 PM

27 posts, read 110,370 times
Thank you Pecan Pie! My maximum for rental is 2500.00 I have found that everything near studio city is far more than my max so I have been looking out side the area but then there are other issues so i'm slowly weeding out the no-no areas I have never been to L.A. or Cali for that matter so that book would not help me with this. But I will buy it for future reference thank you!

Thanks,
TR

Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 PM

162 posts, read 526,051 times
Hmm, I'm a little lame on rental prices over buying, but I still have some ideas on areas (mainly where you've been looking in the east San Gabriel Valley since I used to live there). What is your resource for rental searching?

Have you checked Diamond Bar? You're getting a bit far south, and it might be pricey, but it is nice. Walnut overall is good, just not sure on your exact location there but generally I have a positive reaction when I hear Walnut.

Best thing you can do probably is rent in a decent place with a short lease and once you're out here reevaluate once you've had a chance to check it all out yourself (and experience drive times!).

Oh, yeah, the map book wouldn't help you now so much, but make sure you have one for when you get here. A GPS is nice but there is nothing like a Tommy Guide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles