Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,371 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am planning to move to LA within the next year. I will be joining the LAPD and my starting salary will be around $59,000 a year. I'm 24 years old, single with no kids and just looking for an apartment in a decent neighborhood. I am open to all neighborhood suggestions. I wouldn't rule out suburbs as long as they aren't full of cookie cutter homes on no outlet streets. I'm a pretty low key guy so I do not need to be in a busy area filled with clubs and coffe shops, just a neighborhood where I can walk around the block every now and then. I really do not have much else to say so hopefully after a few responses come back i can start asking more specifics. Thank you in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
The first thing you want to make sure of is that you don't live where you patrol. You might like Santa Monica or Culver City. They are both close and Central to LA which will allow you to comfortably go to work but not live in the city. Best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles