U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:34 PM

716 posts, read 1,927,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I wish we could give negative reputation for posts like yours.

OP, Compton is a slum area of Los Angeles, a disadvantaged minority area.
Does being white count as a minority, last i looked, there where whites walking the streets unless i gone colorblind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:43 PM

42,280 posts, read 41,691,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
And what evidence do you have, from the OP's detailed post - that this isn't a well-suited area for them to live?
To the OP, don't go to the Compton area. Life is too short to go to Compton

Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 AM

14,527 posts, read 16,120,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
And what evidence do you have, from the OP's detailed post - that this isn't a well-suited area for them to live?
Compton isn't a good area for anybody to live, not even for the current residents. Memo92 made a mean spirited suggestion taking advantage of a person who is not familiar with Los Angeles and directing him to look into moving into arguably one of the worst areas of the city. City-Data is mostly a nice forum and I believe we just don't need mean posts like that. YMMV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Does being white count as a minority, last i looked, there where whites walking the streets unless i gone colorblind.
Being White will never count as any kind of minority in terms of getting preference because of minority status. By 2050 California will be 50 percent Hispanic so in fact Whites will be a minority, statistically speaking. What that has to do with your post I can't say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
To the OP, don't go to the Compton area. Life is too short to go to Compton
Right on Chowhound! At least people like you and I can try to offset the mean posts of others.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 AM

39 posts, read 442,398 times
Memo 92 also started one thread asking about Nickerson Gardens and Imperial Courts, then in another thread advised a single mother to move to either Jordan Downs or the other two projects in Watts!

With friends like this who needs enemies?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:50 AM

42,280 posts, read 41,691,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big happy 2 View Post
Memo 92 also started one thread asking about Nickerson Gardens and Imperial Courts, then in another thread advised a single mother to move to either Jordan Downs or the other two projects in Watts!

No kidding, gotta love those internet Trolls

Old 05-25-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:

I guess he/she/it is just trolling to get a reaction from people. It's a popular sport amongst people who don't have a life.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 PM

39 posts, read 442,398 times
Its just as well there are decent people like yourself and Chowhound on the site that can keep people from harms way!

The guy was even asking if it was safe for a tourist to travel through the projects! Like the projects are like some kind of zoo or something.

I find that a real insult to the people asking the questions on here and the many good people that live in the projects

Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Its just as well there are decent people like yourself and Chowhound on the site that can keep people from harms way!
I get annoyed whenever anybody uses the anonymity of the Internet to be able to cause trouble and/or annoy people. It's a shame that some people have so little in their lives that they must get their kicks doing the electronic equivalent of pulling the wings off of butterflies. I'm sorry that all I can usually do is just to speak out against them. It just doesn't seem to be enough...

Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,132 times
Hia thanks for all the reply's I'm looking at a few film schools I am interested in, I know I need an M1 student Visa I am just unsure about accommodation, I don’t really want to stay on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles