Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 07:46 PM

10 posts, read 29,225 times

Advertisements

Just thought I'd try this since searching online hasn't been all that helpful. My uncle is in town for some job training and is in Encino. I live downtown. We were hoping to meet up tomorrow for dinner somewhere in between (traffic and all. we might go for a somewhat later dinner). Anyway, I was hoping for some good restaurant recommendations. I was going for something in the 8-15 dollar entre range, but either side of that is okay by a little. I was thinking some good Mexican, but welcome to other suggestions. We like meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Marrakesh Restaurant Studio City

Not Mexican but its good and sort of in between.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
I've been trying to remember the Mexican restaurant I liked in Sherman Oaks. I think it was Casa Vega, a very long established restaurant.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:15 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I've been trying to remember the Mexican restaurant I liked in Sherman Oaks. I think it was Casa Vega, a very long established restaurant.
Casa Vega has been around a long time. I once had margaritas with Slash and Heather Locklear there. Must have been around 1996 or so.

I second Marrakesh as a good option or you can drive out to the valley and have dinner with him at Cheescake Factory in Sherman Oaks. This would make it easier on him and he can walk there from his hotel.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,689 times
Default Restaurant suggestion

The overwhelmingly best way to find a good restaurant, IMHO, is to use
Yelp.com

It has provided me terrific finds all over California.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
i co sign the yelp suggestions.

but maybe cha cha chas in Silver lake? its got that kitsch factor, not super duper expensive, has that carribean flair, and pretty tasty. not the best for authentic cuban/carribean food, but its mostly a hit.
the prob is that it is closer to LA than it is to the valley. cant help you too much if you head too far out into the valley, dont venture that way enoug to know whats right from left or what tastes good.
if your guests come into DT then you might also want to try ZIP fusion just east of alameda and 2nd/3rd. yum and flavor full, but might get out of the price range, as it is sush and sashim.

if i think of other spots ill post. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles