Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 06:26 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,626,425 times

Advertisements

Palos Verdes Estates
Rolling Hills
Duarte
San Marino
Bradbury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 07:07 PM

1,856 posts, read 3,077,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
It's more likely that a criminal will drive to a rich area, show you a gun, and take your wallet and Rolex.
It depends a good bit on the accessibility of the rich area to poor areas. Proximity to freeways and/or mass transit are important. Doesn’t mean it can’t/doesn’t ever happen elsewhere, but the odds are much greater as far as I can tell.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:11 PM

1,856 posts, read 3,077,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
This is basically true in every major world city.

The safest parts of LA county would include:

Glendale
Malibu
Pacific Palisades
Brentwood
Bel Air
Trousdale Estates

Most of Beverly Hills
(except for the downtown shopping area near Rodeo Dr., which has had uptick in robberies, thefts, and loads of narcissistic idiots who won't stop making tik tok videos over there).

Rancho Palos verdes
Brentwood was iffy to me. Aren’t there large homeless encampments nearby? Westwood sees a ton of protests by the VA.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:18 PM

1,866 posts, read 921,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
Brentwood was iffy to me. Aren’t there large homeless encampments nearby? Westwood sees a ton of protests by the VA.
If I remember correctly there was one homeless encampment in Brentwood made up of mostly veterans, but I think they already moved it somewhere else. Other than that, Brentwood has always seemed pretty safe to me.

Westwood has a little more crime due to UCLA -- criminals seem to love robbing and stealing from college students.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:11 PM

17,877 posts, read 15,719,596 times
San Gabriel Valley is pretty safe.

Old 01-20-2023, 01:03 AM

2,387 posts, read 1,204,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
It depends a good bit on the accessibility of the rich area to poor areas. Proximity to freeways and/or mass transit are important. Doesn’t mean it can’t/doesn’t ever happen elsewhere, but the odds are much greater as far as I can tell.
There was a gang of teenagers from Calabasas.

They had no problems driving to celebrity houses in Thousand Oaks or Hollywood Hills. They robbed Paris Hilton's house 5 times as it was never locked.
They used Google to find addresses of celebrities.

Old 01-20-2023, 05:46 AM

1,866 posts, read 921,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
There was a gang of teenagers from Calabasas.

They had no problems driving to celebrity houses in Thousand Oaks or Hollywood Hills. They robbed Paris Hilton's house 5 times as it was never locked.
They used Google to find addresses of celebrities.

Amazing that even some celebrities don't have a security system, locked doors, or video surveillance at their homes. If you buy a million $+ home, those things are a necessity.

Old 01-21-2023, 05:43 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,341,649 times
Beverly Hills has their own police department (that hasn't gone totally WOKE) so I choose there if given the choice.

Bonus. B.H. is 30 minutes+/- from everywhere

Old 01-22-2023, 01:20 AM

4,324 posts, read 5,069,715 times
By urban I’m thinking you mean “city urban”.

For me that would mean the area with these four corners and north/south and east/west points

NW: Westwood
N: Van Nuys
NE: San Gabriel
SE: East Compton
S: Carson
SW: Lawndale
W: Westwood

4 million people live within this zone.

Safest: Westwood, Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Fairfax, Melrose, Mid-Wilshire, Los Feliz, Beverlywood, Pico Robertson, Hancock Park, West Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Glendale, Playa Vista, Marina Del Rey, Playa Vista, Rancho Park, Mar Vista.

Old 01-22-2023, 02:24 AM

2,387 posts, read 1,204,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Amazing that even some celebrities don't have a security system, locked doors, or video surveillance at their homes. If you buy a million $+ home, those things are a necessity.
I guess celebrities feel safe living in safe areas because "criminals have no cars to drive to their mansions".

Actually, Lindsay Lohan posted a video of the burglars and somebody called the police with the tip.

Interestingly, the gang never robbed homes in bad areas of LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles