Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 08:38 AM

1,111 posts, read 606,309 times

Advertisements

Most buffets are not "worth it" unless you are a impressive eater.

I find that many buffets, the food is mostly mediocre. And the more "expensive" items are doled out slowly.

Though I think every foodie should try out a good buffet once in their lives... go in hungry and go at it.

I do agree with most posters - seafood is super expensive now, so technically 100 - 150 bucks isn't too expensive.

As long as they don't overcook the seafood and are not stingy with the more "expensive" fare, then it's probably worth a visit if you love seafood.

I'm not a "huge volume" eater, so buffets are not my style. I rather goto a medium - high end restaurant and order one well made dish and pay $50 - $75. Quality vs quantity I will go with the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 02:06 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You have $150.00 dinners at Restaurants and still have to Tip .
Only if there is a server who handles bringing you your drinks. A lot of buffets have staff that handle taking your empty plates away and handle the drink orders. These are the only ones you tip and it doesnt have to be the standard 20%-30% tip.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandissf View Post
I saw a seafood buffet youtube recently reviewing a $100 (brunch) and $150 (dinner) seafood lobster buffet in Universal City hotel. Sounds pretty outrageous. It's a miracle anyone can afford to eat out in Southern California restaurants - really a good idea to cook at home most of the time even if you can afford such high prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandissf View Post
I will have to check it out some day - in the meantime we are traveling overseas and I am inquiring about good lobster/seafood buffets - it's not in Los Angeles but 12 time zones away. -)
I'd be interested to know what kind of results you get from your enquiries about good lobster/seafood buffets while you're traveling overseas. Seafood buffets are about to become a thing of the past whether people can afford it or not. So I'd be interested to know what kinds of seafoods other countries are currently serving while they still can.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles