Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
That's how I feel about anyone who'd desire to live in LAs burning heat. No way.

My whole family still live in Southern California.....I think they're nuts.

They think I'm nuts too, though
LA's burning heat? Downtown Los Angeles is supposed to be a comfortable 86 degrees tomorrow. And 84 degrees on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 08:08 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
That's how I feel about anyone who'd desire to live in LAs burning heat. No way.

Nothing against Alaska but you do realize your weather preferences are several standard deviations from the norm. The So.Calif. climate from the coast to even the "hot" valleys is at the center of the bell curve of what most people prefer with regard to climate.

A thread with the title "LA's climate sucks" has about as much credibility as a thread with the title "Paris is an ugly city"

Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Yeah, LA is not known for its abundant rainfall, averaging about 15 inches of rain in a normal year, which we haven't had in several years though.
I haven't lived there for 13 years but I seem to remember it just dumping every year for about 1-2 months. That was my favorite time of year.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
LA is so beautiful with those palm trees, mountains etc. but the weather sucks, this might be shocking for you.

IT'S TOO DRY! OMG I feel sorry for the plants, trees etc. it's too dry!
The weather would be the best if the city had more rainfall, 380 mm yearly precip. is too little... around 500 mm would be perfect!
Specially in the summer.... it doesn't even rain... it's boring without any rain lol
Says the guy who has a location listed as New Jersey...

Old 10-06-2014, 10:39 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
LA is so beautiful with those palm trees, mountains etc. but the weather sucks, this might be shocking for you.

IT'S TOO DRY! OMG I feel sorry for the plants, trees etc. it's too dry!
The weather would be the best if the city had more rainfall, 380 mm yearly precip. is too little... around 500 mm would be perfect!
Specially in the summer.... it doesn't even rain... it's boring without any rain lol
Use inches, please. We here in the U.S. record precipitation in inches.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:52 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,471,837 times
Quote:

we have great weather. tomorrow a high of 90 F in DTLA is heaven compared to other places that are experiencing the beginning of their freezes. im sure you would prefer that too, wouldn't you?

Old 10-06-2014, 11:23 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
LA's burning heat? Downtown Los Angeles is supposed to be a comfortable 86 degrees tomorrow. And 84 degrees on Wednesday.
That's burning heat to me. I hate warm weather and always have.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Nothing against Alaska but you do realize your weather preferences are several standard deviations from the norm. The So.Calif. climate from the coast to even the "hot" valleys is at the center of the bell curve of what most people prefer with regard to climate.

A thread with the title "LA's climate sucks" has about as much credibility as a thread with the title "Paris is an ugly city"
Yes, my preferences are different than "most." Not like I care what the "norm" is to begin with

FTR, I grew up in the Valley....spent my first 21 years of life stuck in the hell hole known as the SFV....and the hottest parts to boot. If I were ever forced to live there again I'd freaking shoot myself.....and it's not because I hate everything else about it, because I don't....it's the CLIMATE I can't take.

It may shock you to learn that there are even others out there who are just like me LA's climate ain't all that to everyone.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
we have great weather. tomorrow a high of 90 F in DTLA is heaven compared to other places that are experiencing the beginning of their freezes. im sure you would prefer that too, wouldn't you?
Are you asking if I would prefer the freeze? If so.....the answer is yes.

Do I find a high of 90F in any way pleasant?

No way. I'm fair-skinned, tend to burn always, light eyed as well and horribly light sensitive because of that and the fact I have large pupils naturally. I do not like sunny, warm climates at all. Back when I was young and stuck in LA living with my mom (at least dad lived on the coast lol) I used to practically kiss the ground on the days we had rain and cloud cover. Was ALWAYS happier on those days.

I don't judge people who like heat, though....and hopefully they don't judge me for liking cold.

I am responding to this thread because the topic of this thread is the very reason I ever left LA in the first place.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:49 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
Yes, my preferences are different than "most." Not like I care what the "norm" is to begin with

FTR, I grew up in the Valley....spent my first 21 years of life stuck in the hell hole known as the SFV....and the hottest parts to boot. If I were ever forced to live there again I'd freaking shoot myself.....and it's not because I hate everything else about it, because I don't....it's the CLIMATE I can't take.

It may shock you to learn that there are even others out there who are just like me LA's climate ain't all that to everyone.

I also grew up in the SFV...pure heaven compared to the east coast by the way. I never said "everyone" does or must like LA's climate. I merely stated the fact that more people prefer LA's climate compared to most other places, esp. truly "hellish" climates like the Midwest, Pacific Northwest or Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles