Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 01:06 PM

399 posts, read 728,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
The post was 13 years ago. I am mad they didn't come back and update.

If you are in the same situation, definitely move somewhere close to an Orange County line Metrolink station.

The USC student can take that to union station then transfer to the LA Metro (free if you use your metrolink ticket). The UC Irvine commuter can drive or use the metrolink to an OCTA bus.

Fullerton and Anaheim both have lots of apartment complexes within walking/biking distance to a station.

Also, I think USC Transportation Services has (or had) a shuttle from Union Station to the campus for students and staff. Of course, I suspect USC is on distance learning these days, so the whole thing might be moot (though might still need to go to the campus on occasion for administrative issues).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 02:46 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any1234 View Post
Currently, I am in the same situation. Can you kindly let me know what you guys did at the end? It will be really helpful if you can share your experience and advice. Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure they graduated already.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:13 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
lol apparently math (or reading, or both) is hard for me today
Oh I have full on responded to a 12 year old post before without even reading the date. So I throw no stones.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:56 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,946,535 times
They should be in the late-30s age by now with family.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:09 PM

10 posts, read 12,606 times
Arrow Where

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any1234 View Post
Currently, I am in the same situation. Can you kindly let me know what you guys did at the end? It will be really helpful if you can share your experience and advice. Thanks in advance.
If you're in between UC Irvine and USC, there are several areas you may consider. Long Beach is one, but there are some bad areas in that city. Fullerton is nice in OC and is near the metrology to get you to USC. Cerritos is an option if you are both driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles